UoL Sports Teams raise money for Doctors Without Borders

They have currently passed their goal of raising £200 for the charity.

University of Lincoln’s Netball and Cricket societies took part in a charity netball match to raise money for Doctors Without Borders (MSF) for the Turkey and Syria Earthquake relief.

On Tuesday 21st February, the Netball and Cricket society played two hours of netball to raised funds for Doctor’s Without Borders. Doctors Without Borders is a non-profit organisation which offers medical aid to people in need. It is a non-governmental organisation that is renowned for its work in conflict zones and nations where endemic diseases are prevalent. They have been providing assistance to those who have been affected by the earthquakes in Turkey and Syria. 

The Tab spoke to a member of the Cricket society about their fundraiser. They explained how every year the Netball and Cricket society team up to play two hours of Netball for the Love Grace charity during Graces week and “wanted to do it again for a different charity”.

They chose to support Doctors Without Borders (MSF) to help all the hard-work they are doing for the people of Turkey and Syria after the recent earthquakes. The Cricket society are thinking about doing more charity events in the future and “would like to try other sports for charity”. 

They have currently passed their goal of raising £200 for the charity. You can still donate to the fundraiser here.

‘This whole thing feels like a bit of a mess’: Lincoln students react to the latest strikes

Rating Lincoln students’ pancake day attempts: The sweet and the unsavoury

Lincoln students raise over £1,100 for Turkey-Syria earthquake victims