Man charged with manslaughter after fatal altercation at GLOW

Sean Orrell is due to appear at Preston Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday the 20th of April

A 32-year-old has been charged with manslaughter after a man died following an altercation outside of a nightclub in Lancaster.

Sean Orrell has been bailed after being charged with manslaughter, and is due to appear at Preston Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday, April 20th.

This comes after Joshua Hughes, 22, was fatally injured following an altercation outside of GLOW nightclub in Lancaster.

Orrell was arrested on suspicion of Section 18 assault, also known as wounding with intent to do grievous bodily harm, and was bailed pending further investigations and enquiries.

On June 12th 2022 police were alerted shortly before 4:30am to reports of a man who had been punched, causing him to fall and hit his head on the ground. After the altercation, he was taken to hospital in a critical condition and died on the morning of June 16th.

A statement from Lancaster Area Police says, “Following consultation with the Crown Prosecution Service, Sean Orrell has today been charged with manslaughter.” They have turned off comments on the post as legal proceedings in the case are active.

On June 17th, Lancaster SU disaffiliated from GLOW nightclub, saying that it “will no longer be affiliated with groups who have any relationship with GLOW nightclub”.

Soon after, the nightclub closed down and the building was left empty, before being bought by three local businessmen who have since reopened as Vibe Lancaster.

The reopening was pushed back twice following two separate car collisions targeting the front of the building, opposite Dalton Square. A 46-year-old man from Morecambe was released on bail after being arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and criminal damage.

Related articles recommended by this writer: