Cardiff University has dropped over ten places in The Times Higher Education World Rankings

However, one school scored insanely well

The Times Higher Education World Rankings for 2025 has just been released, with Cardiff University dropping 10 places to an ambiguous rank of 201-250th in the table.

However, in 2024, they placed 190th, neighbouring the University of St Andrews and the University of Exeter.

Maybe we’re not qualified to disagree, but this placement seems a bit harsh, no? Try telling this to the dedicated students who have stayed in Cardiff for their postgraduate courses or the benefits of the Students’ Union.

Data was released alongside the rankings, which saw 14.6 students per every staff member, international students making up 27 per cent of the student body and a total of 28,930 students for the academic year.

More specifically, the rankings placed the school of psychology at 64th in the world. To any Cardiff psychologists reading this, you are in very good hands.

The Cardiff Tab also took a look at the other university rankings in South Wales. Cardiff Met rose in position compared to last year’s table, placing between 1001-1200th, Swansea between 301-350th, and the University of South Wales in the 1201-1500th slot. So, at least Cardiff Uni is still firmly at the top of the Welsh rankings.

And, just know, if this was a ranking of the amount of VKs consumed, hours spent in the ASSL or the rat to student ratio; Cardiff would surely take the top spot.

Related articles recommended by this writer: