alex love is blind

Alex from Love Is Blind’s dad ‘devastated’ by breakup and kept Tim’s tear-jerking letter

My belief in true love is dead

As if Love Is Blind couldn’t get any more chaotic this season, Tim and Alex decided to call it quits very abruptly. Cast are usually under strict rules not to give away any spoilers about their current relationship statuses, but seeing as the two have already ended things, Alex has spoken out about the breakup, and specifically what her dad had to say.

In episode 10, Tim told Alex he wanted to end things because she went for a nap when his parents came to visit, and she was messy around their co-habitation space. He left the room after telling her “I don’t ever want to see you again.” The news hits particularly hard after viewers were left teary-eyed at Tim and Alex’s dad’s meeting in the contrasting previous batch of episodes – their interaction was honestly enough to set anyone off.

If you remember, Tim wrote Alex’s dad a heartfelt letter that had them both in tears on Love Is Blind. However, since the breakup, Alex shared with Today what her dad thinks of Tim now.

She explained that her dad was “truly devastated” at the news the two had split. She also mentioned that “to this day, he does not like Tim. He didn’t like that he went through that entire process” just to end it all so bluntly.

When asked about the heartwarming letter Tim wrote, Alex told Today that “he still has the letter” but “he looks at it like it was just all a lie.” After re-reading it, he wondered “was any of this true?”

love is blind alex

via Netflix

She did mention that introducing him to her family was “the most anxiety-driven time” of the show for her. She knew that she couldn’t say yes “until my father gave him his blessing,” but was “very thankful” to receive it. Getting the blessing is part of what “threw” her about the breakup, because she didn’t expect it to end this far into the process.

At this rate, only three couples will be making it down the aisle. Maybe even less will actually get married. It’s a depressing state of affairs!

Love Is Blind is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.