Young Sheldon characters ages

How old the Young Sheldon characters were when the show started, compared to the finale

By season seven they’re all grown up!

The first season of Young Sheldon aired back in 2017 and looking at the ages of the characters of the Cooper family that we have all grown to feel we are part of, some of them were super young when it started. The show has now aired it’s final season and ran over a span of seven years – nearly a decade!

Over those seven seasons, five years were meant to have passed in the Young Sheldon universe so the characters all grew up quite a bit. So, here’s a run down of how old the Young Sheldon characters were in season one of the show compared to their ages in the finale.

Sheldon Cooper

via Netflix

Age in first episode: 9

Age in finale: 14

When we first meet Young Sheldon he is the youngest of the Cooper family and therefore the youngest of all the characters ages. He’s nine-years-old in the first season and is just beginning high school with his older brother and by the time he graduates in the final season he is 14.

Missy Cooper

via Netflix

Age in first episode: 9

Age in finale: 14

Missy Cooper is Sheldon’s twin in the show meaning they are the exact same age. She was also nine in the first season and 14 by the end.

Georgie Cooper

via Netflix

Age in first episode: 14

Age in finale: 19

At the very start of the show, Georgie was 14, and in season six we see him celebrate his 18th birthday meaning he is 19 in the finale.

Mary Cooper

Young Sheldon characters ages

via Netflix

Age in first episode: 39

Age in finale: 44

The matriarch of the Cooper clan, Mary, is 39 in season one of Young Sheldon and 44 by season seven.

George Cooper

Young Sheldon characters ages

via Netflix

Age in first episode: 45

Age in finale: 50

Hands up if you’re still reeling from his death. George Cooper was 45 in the show’s first episode and 50 when he died in the final season.

Connie ‘Meemaw’ Tucker

Young Sheldon characters ages

via Netflix

Age in first episode: 66

Age in finale: 71

Meemaw is the oldest character in Young Sheldon at 66 years old in the first season and 71 by the time the show ends. Annie Potts, who plays Connie Tucker, is the exact same age as her character.

Mandy McAllister

Young Sheldon characters ages

via Netflix

Age in first episode: 30

Age in finale: 32

The character of Mandy only joined the lineup of characters in Young Sheldon in the fifth season of the show and is 30 years old then, a big gap between the ages of her and Georgie who sends up marrying. By the end Mandy is 32.

Young Sheldon is available on Netflix now – For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes, like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook. 

How old the Young Sheldon cast were when the show started, compared to their ages now

Mandy’s actress reveals which Big Bang actor could be cast as the narrator in spinoff show

Here are the first worst episodes of Young Sheldon ranked, according to IMDb