Taylor Swift donated $100,000 to the Kansas City shooting victim Lisa Lopez-Galvan's family

​​’My deepest sympathies’: Taylor Swift donates $100k to Kansas City shooting victim’s family

Lisa Lopez-Galvan died at Super Bowl victory parade for Travis Kelce’s team

Taylor Swift has donated $100,000 to the family of the person who died because of the shooting at the Kansas City Chief’s Super Bowl parade.

Lisa Lopez-Galvan was shot dead when a number of people opened fire at the victory celebration of the NFL team, which Taylor’s boyfriend Travis Kelce plays for as a tight end.

He helped lead the side to victory against the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday night in front of a star-studded crowd in Las Vegas.

Taylor, who is currently in Melbourne on the Australian leg of The Eras Tour, made two separate $50,000 donations on the GoFundMe set up in her honour.

Along with the money, she wrote: “Sending my deepest sympathies and condolences in the wake of your devastating loss.”

GoFundMe

The crowdfunder was created to raise $75,000 in “vital financial support” for Lisa’s family “as they process this unthinkable tragedy”. Lisa, who was a local radio DJ, is survived by her husband and two children.

The Kansas City Chiefs released a statement, saying they were “truly saddened by the senseless act of violence”, while Travis himself said that he was “heartbroken over the tragedy”.

“I am heartbroken over the tragedy that took place today. My heart is with all who came out to celebrate with us and have been affected. KC, you mean the world to me,” he wrote on X.

The shooting left 21 people injured, and more than half of those hurt were under the age of 16, many with life-threatening injuries. According to one of the local hospitals that had admitted eight patients, three had been let out. Another was considered stable, while the remaining two were in critical condition.

According to Sky News, two people have been arrested in connection to the shooting. Kansas City police Stacey Graves said that the shooting had “no nexus to terrorism or homegrown violent extremism” and was not specifically targeting the parade and rather “appeared to be a dispute between several people that ended in gunfire”.