Arthur from MAFS UK 2023 talks his journey with Laura

‘The best experience of my humble life’: Arthur speaks out about his ‘tough’ MAFS journey

‘For someone with severe anxiety I did well’

Last night saw the start of the final vows for the MAFS UK 2023 couples, and of course that didn’t end the journey for Laura and Arthur very well.

After a speech from Arthur, vows straight from the heart instead of Google, Laura then told him he would be a great husband for someone, just not her. Throughout their MAFS UK journey, Laura and Arthur have been up and down a lot, but recently their differences have proven too much, and Laura was left feeling as though she was carrying them as a couple.

Arthur has since posted all about his time on the show, and called it “tough” but said he wouldn’t have done it with anyone else other than Laura, and still said it was “the best experience of my humble life.”

“Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened,” his post began. “Thank you for what’s probably going to be one of the best experiences of my humble life. This journey has taught me a few things. I’ve learnt that it’s ok not to be ok, you don’t always have to pretend that you’re the strongest person alive, it’s ok to be vulnerable at times and show your feelings and emotions when needed.

“Lastly, that I’m fine just the way I am so no need to pretend/lie to be anyone else, I am who I am and I’m proud of it. I am super proud of myself for even taking part in this wild experiment called MAFS, for someone with severe anxiety I did well!!!”

He said “Laura has been incredible throughout” and said they “had our ups and downs” but he will “always be proud of her and respect her for the person she is, a strong independent woman who’s not afraid to say how it is!”

Arthur continued that previously he has gone about life half-heartedly, but here he took a chance and had real intentions. He added: “I believe in how you do anything is how you do everything, throughout my life I’ve always done things half hearted without real intention, here my intent was clear.

“I wanted to give this a chance and see where life takes us, I’ve always been one of those people that hasn’t even given a relationship a chance so I thought why not! As much as it was a tough journey I wouldn’t change it for the world,I’ve come out of my comfort zone and met so many wonderful people along the way and made friends for life. There’s so much I still have to learn but I’m on the right track! I’ve left the experiment a better man and I couldn’t have asked for more!”

He then thanked all the MAFS cast and crew, “but most importantly Laura for putting up with me behind closed doors”. He said: “I’ve said and done so many things that didn’t even make the edit! Thank you for even giving me a chance @mafs. And lastly, thank you to you guys for all of your support throughout the whole process, you made this experience even more enjoyable.”

For all the latest MAFS news, scandals, gossip and updates – like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook