Selena Gomez Instagram return

Surprise! Selena Gomez is already back on Instagram after threatening to delete her account

She lasted a whopping …seven days

Selena Gomez has already made a return to Instagram and has posted cooking videos after threatening to delete her account.

Selena took a break from the app after she received backlash over her “tone-deaf” story posts about what’s happening in Gaza.

Now after a very short-lived hiatus, Selena is back on Instagram sharing BTS content on her story from her cooking show, Selena + Chef.

On Monday last week, the American singer posted an Instagram story explaining she was going to take a break because it was heartbreaking to “see all of the horror, hate, violence and terror that’s going on in the world.”

She continued by saying: “I wish I could change the world. But a post won’t” which was met by an angry and disappointed response from her followers who accused Selena of making the situation in Gaza “all about herself.”

It was this response from her fans that prompted the Wizards of Waverley place actress to then post: “I’m taking a break and deleting my Instagram. I’m done. I don’t support any of what’s going on.”

But only days later and in a complete change of tune, the 31-year-old posted to her story yesterday what appeared to be photos from the filming of her cooking show Selena + Chef where each episode she is shown how to cook a new dish by a professional.

In one of two photos shared, Selena can be seen wearing a red dress and a slicked back bun posed leaning over the kitchen counter of Moo’s Craft Barbecue, a restaurant in Los Angeles. The second photo shows Selena proudly presenting a plate of food, which she had presumedly just cooked, and standing with Michelle Muñoz and Andrew Muñoz, the two owners of the restaurant.

Whilst Selena is now back on the social media app it appears she might be soft launching her return in the form of stories as she is yet to share a grid post since her break and hasn’t done so since early last month.

For all the latest celeb and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook

Related articles recommend by this author:

Selena Gomez threatens to delete Instagram after backlash over Gaza posts

• Selena Gomez’s side-eye should be everyone’s reaction to Chris Brown’s VMA nomination

Grab a blanket and enjoy these 25 memes of Selena Gomez staring into nothingness

Featured images via @selenagomez on Instagram.