You probably don’t know, so here’s what Zepotha actually is on TikTok

If there’s one thing that app does, it’s confuse people

If you’ve been on TikTok lately, and let’s be honest you have, you may have come across references to Zepotha and be just as confused as the rest of us. The word has been spammed across TikTok comment sections, making everyone ask ‘What is Zepotha?’.

This wouldn’t be the first time TikTok users have spammed comment sections, leaving other users completely bewildered by what they’re talking about. So, here’s what we know on what Zepotha is on TikTok.

What is the Zepotha trend on TikTok?

TikTok users are convinced that Zepotha is a 1987 horror film, but it was never actually made. The trend stems from TikTok user, Emily Jeffri, who convinced TikTokers to create a fake movie and confuse people on the app. Fair enough!

In a TikTok video, Emily wrote: “OK so new bit idea: What if we created a fake 80s horror movie called Zepotha and started commenting ‘Omg you look exactly like that one girl from Zepotha’ or ‘Wait, you look exactly like X from Zepotha’ on every thirst trap we see.

“Together we will witness new lore develop, main characters will emerge, etc and we can convince thousands of people that this weirdly titled 80s horror film actually exists.”

@emilyjeffri

putting this song forward as the movie’s main theme, i think it has zepotha vibes tbh #80s #nostalgia #horror #horrormovie #80shorror #bit #trickster #moohaha #newmusic #queerartist #spooky #zepotha

♬ DO YOU REMEMBER ME – jeffri

The original video has 4.7 million views with hundreds of thousands of likes and it seems people have got in on the joke as tons of comment sections on videos are filled with Zepotha comments.

A lot of TikTokers are confused, including Alyssa McKay, who has been asking what on earth Zepotha is, and is clearly not in on the joke.

@alyssamckayyy

my anxiety is peaking rn wtf is zapotha

♬ original sound – ALYSSA MCKAY

Some TikTok users have gone even further and have been creating characters from this made up movie just to confuse people more.

TikTok is truly the gift that keeps on giving!

For all the latest entertainment news, gossip and memes, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook.