below deck inappropriate behaviour

Luke and Laura’s behaviour isn’t the first time crew have been inappropriate on Below Deck

It’s really not okay

The latest season of Below Deck Down Under has dropped and with it came the news that Bosun Luke Jones and Stew Laura Bileskalne had been fired from the boat due to inappropriate behaviour after a night out. Viewers saw Luke get into stew Margot Sisson bed completely naked, causing producers to step in and ultimately, for Captain Jason to fire him. Later, Laura was also fired after she made unwanted advances to deckie Adam Kodra, including mounting him from behind. Luke apologised to the captain whilst he was still on the vessel and since the show has aired, Laura apologised publicly saying: “No one should be put in that position”.

Fans of the franchise have been quick to point out that this is not the first time inappropriate behaviour of this nature has been seen on Below Deck from the yachties, but that this was the first time it had lead to termination of employment. Here are other times when crew members have been called out for acting inappropriately on Below Deck:

Fans have called for Gary to be fired on Below Deck Sailing Yacht

In light of the news of Luke and Laura’s firing from Below Deck Down Under, fans are now calling for Below Deck Sailing Yacht’s first mate Gary King to also be fired from the show. Gary has appeared on three consecutive seasons of Sailing Yacht and has acquired a reputation of being a bit of playboy. However, in the most recent season, season four, that aired last month, fans have said has behaviour has gone too far and that his pursuit of chief stew Daisy Kelliher is “creepy”.

Pete made Bugsy uncomfortable on Below Deck Med

In season five of Below Deck Mediterranean, lead deckhand Pete Hunziker made inappropriate sexually explicit comments to chief stew Bugsy but later apologised for his behaviour. Bugsy joined the vessel mid season to replace the second stew Lara who quit and was ultimately promoted to chief stewardess after Hannah Ferrier was fired. Things between Bugsy and Pete come to a head during a conversation in the crew mess where Pete expressed his attraction to Lara and how he hoped to see her again when the season was over.

During the conversation, Pete made sexually explicit comments: “We had a connection from the get. I’m gonna go chase her down and see what happens. I’m gonna undress her with my f**king teeth. I’m gonna do things to her she’s never had done to her before. And she’s gonna fall in love.” Bugsy reported the comments and how uncomfortable she felt to Captain Sandy who reprimanded Pete, saying: “I’ve got a charter that starts soon and I’m seriously considering letting you go.”

Ultimately, Pete got away with a warning after Bugsy said she was happy to give him a second chance but he was demoted from his position as lead deckhand. Pete told The Tab: “My sincere apologies to the below deck cast, fans and producers. I hold myself 100 per cent accountable. If my older self could tell my younger self one thing: Keep your mouth shut. I learned a lot. Thank you for the lessons. I can and will do better.”

Lexi acted inappropriately towards Lloyd on Below Deck Med

The crew of season six of Below Deck Med all became super close and even all went on holiday together after the season was over. However, second stewardess Lexi Wilson never really bonded with the rest of the crew and got into repeated altercations with chef Mathew and her other colleagues. One explosive fight in particular happened early on in the season after a crew night out which ended in the hot tub. During the hot tub fight, Lexi approached deckhand Lloyd and pressed his face into her breasts whilst only wearing a bikini top.

In the season four reunion, chief stew Katie Flood revealed the hot tub fight was even more extensive that what was shown on screen. She said: “Production actually stepped in because it was getting so out of hand. They actually stepped in and lost their s**t like, ‘This is not what we are about.’

“And if it goes any further I’m pretty sure Lexi would have been removed straight away. But I guess she reined it in at that point.”

Lexi apologised to the crew at the time after being made to do so by Captain Sandy but was ultimately fired later in the season. Reflecting on Lexi’s actions on Watch What Happens Live, Sandy said: “[Her behaviour was] disturbing and I wish that the crew would have painted the picture for me. Just hearing it’s bad isn’t a description of behaviour. In the position I am in, I need details and I didn’t really get details until the end which is when I let Lexi go.”

The Tab has contacted Gary King for comment. 

Seasons three and four of Below Deck are currently available to watch on Netflix. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.

Here’s what happened on Below Deck Down Under that led to Luke and Laura being fired

This is what Luke and Laura have been up to since being fired from Below Deck Down Under

‘Everyone has the right to go out and feel safe’: Below Deck Down Under cast speaks out

Featured images via Bravo.