Kady McDermott Scott Thomas

Inside Kady McDermott’s post Love Island relationship with Scott Thomas

They broke up because Scott apparently swore at her

Kady McDermott rose to fame after appearing on Love Island back in 2016 and was coupled up with Scott Thomas for the majority of her time in the villa.

Seven years on, Kady has re-entered the villa in the hopes of finding love, but hasn’t made it much of a secret she found love the first time round. So what was Kady McDermott’s relationship with Scott Thomas like and why did they break up?

Kady entered the villa as a bombshell and coupled up with Scott immediately

via ITV

Kady first met Scott on the second season of Love Island 2016 when she entered the villa as a bombshell.

She coupled up with Scott almost immediately and they were together for majority of their time in the villa. Despite being taken on dates by other Islanders, they stuck together and left the show in a relationship.

Scott asked Kady to be his girlfriend while on the show

via ITV

Like a lot of Islander couples, Scott asked Kady to be his girlfriend during the show.

Scott of course asked her in a big gesture with towels spelling out the words: “Be my GF?” Who says romance is dead?!

Kady said yes and the couple went on to place third on Love Island, being runners up to Alex and Olivia and Cara and Nathan.

The couple went on a number of holidays and public dates together after the show

Kady and Scott remained in a relationship after the show and went on a series of dates, holidays and attended tons of flashy red carpet events together.

Most notably, the couple visited Fuerteventura which is where Kady’s grandfather owns a villa.

Kady and Scott then went on to move in together

Kady and Scott did not mess around and quickly moved into their own home.

At the time of their move, Scott told OK! Magazine: “It’s nice having our own home. We’ve finally got it really homely and we’re really settled. It feels right. We just love getting to spend time together, getting takeaways and chilling out.”

It seemed to work out for the both of them as they said they already “lived” together while in the villa.

“We obviously still bicker about stupid things, but we don’t really argue. I think we’ve just got to know each other properly now so we just diffuse things and nip them in the bud,” Kady added.

After a year together, Kady and Scott split up

Despite their fellow finalists making their relationships work, Kady and Scott soon went their separate ways after one year together.

According to Kady, it was Scott’s partying ways that caused their relationship to break down but it was when Scott allegedly swore at Kady during an argument that saw the couple split for good.

Since then, they have unfollowed each other on social media and got into different and new relationships over the years.

Love Island 2023 is on ITV2 and ITVX. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.