Festivals 2023

A fool proof guide to all the best festivals happening in the UK and abroad this summer

Let’s get drunk and sunburnt asap

You can feel it in the air already, spring/summer 2023 is going to be a big one. Pub gardens, roof terraces, your mates’ back garden— we’re having alfresco fun by hook or by crook after a horrendously frosty and miserable winter.

And, obv, the best way to get drunk, sunburnt and carefree as quickly as possible are festivals. Sitting in a field with a warm can of San Miguel, having the time of your life.

So, in case you’re yet to make your May-August masterplan, here are all of the 2023 festivals you’re going to want to buy or beg your way into for the headliners alone:

Festivals in the UK 2023

Love Saves the Day – 27-28 May 

Festivals UK 2023

Love Saves The Day is the go-to end of term festival for any Bristol Uni student, so expect the crowd at Ashton Court to be packed with people who want to look like Effy from Skins. Fatboy Slim and Years and Years are headlining. But Eliza Rose and Folamour’s sets are probably where you actually want to be.

Tickets: www.lovesavestheday.org

Parklife – 10-11 June 

Festivals UK 2023

Loved by Manchester students but famous across Europe, Parklife is back with massive headliners including Fred Again, The 1975, Little Simz and Chicken Shop Date’s favourite guest: Aitch. Definitely pack an anorak.

Tickets: parklife.uk.com

Boomtown Fair – 9-13 August 

festivals UK 2023

Loved by rah where’s my baccy girlies across the home counties, Boomtown is basically a rave in the fields of Sussex’s South Downs. No line up announcement yet. But it’s always very fun and very large.

Tickets: www.boomtownfair.co.uk

Truck Festival – 21-23 July

festivals UK 2023

Despite being one of the UK’s smaller festivals, Truck always has a massive line up. This year’s headliners are Two Door Cinema Club, Alt-J and Royal Blood. So, if indie’s your thing – book a train to Oxford.

Tickets: truckfestival.com

All Points East – 18-28 August 

UK festivals 2023

London’s All Points East takes place across two weekends in August with Stormzy headlining the 18th, The Strokes headlining the 25th and Haim headlining the 28th. We don’t really need to say much more than that. Other than Lizzy McAlpine from TikTok’s latest viral song (you know, the one where everyone’s running) is on the lineup too.

Tickets: www.allpointseastfestival.com

Mighty Hoopla – 3-4 June 

UK festivals 2023

Arguably the most upbeat, cheesy, and gorgeous vibes festival in London, this year’s Mighty Hoopla line up includes Sugababes and Steps, like what more do you need to know? Plus, Kelly Rowland, Years & Years, Kelis, Vengaboys. It’s a whole 90s, hun energy, fiasco. Big yes from us.

Tickets: www.mightyhoopla.com

El Dorado – 6-10 July 

UK festivals 2023

From the creators of everyone’s favourite uni night out, Cirque Du Soul comes El Dorado, set in rural Herefordshire with Sampa the Great, Folamour and Shy FX on the lineup. Expect music, circus skills, yoga, wellness, comedy and even cabaret in the forest with loads of live and electro acts across all the stages. It’s disco, soul, dance and a whole lot of sun-soaked fun.

Tickets: www.eldoradofestival.com

Wireless – 7-9 July 

UK Festivals 2023

Wireless is always huge and this year has an absolutely massive lineup. Lil Uzi Vert, Travis Scott and 50 Cent all on one line up? You’ll literally want a full weekend pass to Finsbury Park, no questions asked.

Tickets: www.wirelessfestival.co.uk

Boardmasters – 9-13 August 

UK Festivals 2023

If you want indie bands, DJs and beach views all in one place, Boardmasters is the festival to go for. Set on Newquay’s Fistral Beach you can do sunrise yoga in the morning, chill out at the eco spa, warm up with some Joesef in the afternoon and be watching Lorde by dinner. And then, you know, stay up all night watching whatever on the dance stage. It’s all about balance.

Tickets: www.boardmasters.com

Houghton – 10-14 August 

UK Festivals 2023

After being cancelled for three years in a row, Houghton was back and better than ever last year. In Norfolk, there’s no phone signal and the music never, ever, stops. Expect not to have any interest in sleep because this is literally a 24-hour festival. Curated by Fabric’s fav DJ Craig Richards, the lineup is massive and includes Batu, Helena Hauff, Midland, and Peach.

Tickets: www.houghtonfestival.co.uk

Field Day – 19 August 

UK Festivals 2023

Back for another year in Victoria Park, Field Day looks huge for 2023 with a headline set from Aphex Twin, which is his first show in London for four years. Large.

Tickets: www.fielddayfestivals.com

Lost Village – 24-27 August

UK festivals 2023

Going to Lost Village is like stepping into a fairy tale if Hansel and Gretal were on acid. Expect beaten-up cars, rainbow lights, sparkling performers and techno stages littered through the Lincolnshire forest. Bonobo, Hayda G and Barry Can’t Swim are all on the line up this year.

Tickets: lostvillagefestival.com

Reading and Leeds – 25-27 August 

UK festivals 2023

A classic that never fails to draw in every 17-year-old who’s just passed their exams, Reading and Leeds is back for another year with Sam Fender, Billie Eilish and The Killers headlining. Prepare to drink a lot of dark fruits and get involved in some chaotic campsite activities.

Tickets: www.readingandleedsfestival.com

Festivals Abroad 2023

Hideout – 25-29 June 

UK festivals 2023

If you want a holiday and a festival in one, events abroad are obv the way to go. And Hideout, located on Croatia’s Pag Island has beaches, boat parties, day parties, pool parties – any parties, really, in whichever direction you look. We all know it’s a nightmare getting a group holiday out of the group chat, and this is five days of sun, DJs, and mountain views, soundtracked by Andy C, Chase & Status, Dan Shake, Eliza Rose, Jayda G, Joy Orbison, Patrick Topping and Sonny Fodera, all organised for you.

Tickets: www.hideoutfestival.com

Rolling Loud – 5-7 July 

UK festivals 2023

Another beach-side option is Portugal’s Rolling Loud festival based on Portimão’s Praia da Rocha. Travis Scott, Meek Mill and Meek Mill are headlining. Plus you’ll 100 per cent get a tan.

Tickets: www.portugal.rollingloud.com

Rock en Seine – 23 – 27 August

UK festivals 2023

Only a 2.5 hour Eurostar away is Paris’ Rock en Seine, which has its biggest lineup ever this year. Billie Eilish, Placebo, Florence + The Machine, The Chemical Brothers and The Strokes – good luck squeezing in your culture fix trip to see the Mona Lisa.

Tickets: www.rockenseine.com

Primavera Sound – 7-10 June 

UK festivals 2023

Primavera Sound is essentially one of the best music festivals in Europe. Every year it gets bigger and better and this year’s headliners include Kendrick Lamar, Rosalía, Pet Shop Boys and Blur who’re performing along the Barcelona waterfront. Have a sangria, listen to Motomami and have a great time, basically.

Tickets: www.primaverasound.com

Oasis into the Wild – 27-29 October 

UK festivals 2023

Arguably the coolest festival venue ever, Morocco’s Oasis into the Wild takes place in Atlas Studios in Ouarzazate where Game of Thrones and Gladiator were filmed. Honey Dijon, DJ Koze, Jyoty, Partyboi69, The XX’s Romy, and TSHA are all heading to the desert to perform so, this should be a seriously vibey weekend.

Tickets: www.intothewild.ma