PrettyLittleThing has launched a baby range and now kids are destined to be bland from birth

It’s! All! Beige!

The Molly-Mae effect is real, because PrettyLittleThing has just launched a baby range which is sickeningly beige. Creative Director Molly-Mae gave birth to her first baby, a little girl called Bambi, and now the brand she represents has a full range of kids’ bits, with zero personality whatsoever.

Who wants bright and fun accessories for their kids anyway? It’s all about bamboo plates, magnolia bibs and off-white toys, I’ve heard. Everything is an aesthetic, even your childrens’ spoons!

The PrettyLittleThing baby range starts with items priced at £4 – including plates, toys, cups, and slogan prints for a child’s room. It’s cute, I’ll give it that, but it’s giving boring.

It’s all definitely Molly-Mae inspired, as the majority of the items in the range are called “Bambino”. They include a silicone feeding set, a teether and a cup. These are priced between £8 and £20.

Other items in the range include plates, mummy and daddy mugs, a pregnancy journal, and a print which reads: “Dream big little one”. Another print in the range says: “To the moon and back”.

PLT has a habit of launching beige ranges at the moment, it seems. Gemma Owen recently released her range with the fashion brand, and pretty much all of that was neutral colours.

Defending the choice to include next to no colour, Gemma told The Tab: “I think neutral is sort of authentic to me. You can dress it up. You can dress it down. All the tones go together. It’s timeless as well. They’re not one wear items.”