Jenna Ortega Wednesday love triangle

Jenna Ortega says she has ‘always been against the love triangle’ in Wednesday

‘I told them very early on that I did not want her to be in the middle of a love triangle’

Another day, another reason to love Jenna Ortega more than life itself – the star of the new Netflix series Wednesday has come out and said she’s fully against the love triangle that her character finds herself in during season one of the show. And considering the love triangle is, in my opinion, the worst thing about the show’s first season, Jenna Ortega completely putting the plot line on blast is music to my ears.

Speaking to Canadian TV show Etalk, Jenna Ortega said the following on the Wednesday love triangle: “I told them very early on that I didn’t want her to be in the middle of a love triangle. I’ve always been against the love triangle idea. As far as the boys went, I had to accept it – but honestly, I’m going to fight this love triangle thing so hard. Because I don’t think Wednesday would ever be in a love triangle.

“I talked to the writers about this and they said ‘don’t worry, don’t worry, it’s not gonna be that.’ Now that Tyler’s off the table, I feel like she’s off boys for a while. Her and Xavier are just getting to a safe place, but I don’t think it’s something she obsesses over. She’s not boy crazy.

“I think there’s an opportunity there for a really sweet, platonic relationship because I don’t think it’s shown enough, men and women having safe, platonic relationships that don’t become romantic. Almost sibling-like relationships, I think that would be really wonderful to see between her and Xavier.

“Honestly, I think boys are probably the last thing on Wednesday’s mind.”

Wednesday is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, quizzes, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.