Luca Gemma split statement

Luca’s broken his silence on the Gemma breakup with a salty statement on Insta

‘I would have liked some time to process this privately’

Gemma Owen announced on her Instagram story yesterday her split from Luca Bish, her boyfriend of three months following their runner up placement on Love Island 2022. Luca didn’t say anything, but an hour or so later made his own statement about the breakup that alleges Gemma posted about the split without letting him know first.

In an Instagram story posted at around 10pm last night, Luca addressed the split with Gemma in a statement saying: “Switched my phone back on after taking some time out to clear my head after an emotional afternoon to thousands of messages and news articles about my breakup.

“I would have liked some time to process this privately but as you all already now know sadly Gemma and I made the mutual decision earlier today to go our separate ways. We have been together and have made some amazing memories which I will treasure.

“I can’t thank everyone enough for their support of us as a couple during and after Love Island.  We will remain good friends and I wish nothing but the best for her.”

Gemma’s statement yesterday read: “To all my followers, I wanted to let you know that Luca and I are no longer in a relationship.

“It wasn’t an easy decision but ultimately this is what is best for us both right now. Many of you have been on this journey with us from the very beginning, and I want to thank you for your continued support as we start new chapters.

Love always, Gem.”

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook. 

• From fashion shoots to red carpets: Inside Danica’s stunning life since leaving Love Island

Inside Gemma Owen’s boujie and lavish £4million mansion in North Wales 

Antigoni from Love Island has a new music video out and Danica is in it 

Featured image via @lucabish on Instagram