The Crown season five cast

This is where you recognise the cast of Netflix’s The Crown season five from

Omg the guy from the Hot Fuzz meme plays Peter Townsend loooool

The Crown season five dropped on Netflix earlier this week and it’s got everyone talking – it contains an impressive cast and the show has jumped straight into first place for the most watched shows list right now.

The fifth season focuses mainly on the breakdown of Diana and King Charle’s marriage with a few historical moments thrown in like the cringe tampongate and the Windsor Castle fire. The show is full of big names and faces you have definitely seen before. Here is the cast of The Crown season five and where you recognise all of their faces from.

The Crown season five cast and where you know them from:

Imelda Staunton as The Queen

The Crown season five cast

via Netflix

One thing we all spoke about when the news broke saying Imedla Staunton was playing Queen Elizabeth was how she traumatised our childhoods in Harry Potter. She played the wicked Dolores Umbridge in Harry Potter but others might recognise her for her work in the Downton Abbey film and Pride alongside Dominic West, her on-screen son in The Crown.

Jonathan Pryce as Prince Phillip

The Crown season five cast

via Netflix

Jonathan Pryce has a really recognisable face and that’s because, like Imedla, he’s an actor we all watched growing up. Jonathan Pryce is famous for his portrayal of Governor Weatherby Swann in the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. He also played the High Sparrow in Game of Thrones.

Dominic West as Prince Charles

via Netflix

King Charles was very lucky to have Dominic West cast as him purely because Dominic West is so fit. He’s best known for his roles in The Wire, The Affair and of course Pride. He’s also a BAFTA award winner for his performance as Fred West in Appropriate Adult.

Elizabeth Debicki as Princess Diana

The Crown season five cast

via Netflix

Elizabeth Debicki really slays the game as Diana. Her acting credits include The Great Gatsby, where she played Jordan Baker, and the Marvel Cinematic Universe films Guardians of the Galaxy volumes two and three. You probably won’t recognise her voice as she plays Diana so well but Elizabeth also voiced Mopsy in Peter Rabbit and played Virginia Woolf in 2018’s Vita & Virginia.

Claudia Harrison as Princess Anne

via Netflix

Claudia Harrison has won our hearts already with how she plays Princess Anne and she’s kept the trend going of Anne being the best royal ever. Claudia played Delina in The IT Crowd before appearing in Humans as Dr. Aveling and starring alongside Dawn French in Sky One’s Delicious as Janice Woods.

Lesley Manville as Princess Maragret

The Crown season five cast

via Netflix

Lesley Manville is an English actress known for appearing in films like Grown-ups, High Hopes and Mr. Turner. However the younger audience might recognise her in 2014’s Maleficent with Angelina Jolie where she played Flittle, the blue pixie-fairy.

Jonny Lee Miller as John Major

via Netflix

Jonny Lee Miller broke into the TV and film industry back in 1996 when he achieved early success for his portrayal of Simon Williamson in Trainspotting and Dave Murphy in Hackers. He was also in Tim Burton’s 2012 film Dark Shadows alongside Helena Bonham Carter and Chloe Grace Moretz.

Oliver Chris as Dr. James Colhurst

via Netflix

This isn’t the first time Oliver has played someone with a close royal connection, in fact you might even recognise him from when he played Prince William in The Queen and I on Sky One. He’s also known for playing Paul, Julia’s husband, in BBC’s Motherland. He even had a brief cameo in Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason where he played a director in the gallery – very iconic.

Timothy Dalton as Peter Townsend

Timothy Dalton is most famous for being an iconic meme, he was in Hot Fuzz where he played Simon Skinner. His face is annoyingly recognisable so you are welcome for this niche bit of knowledge being unlocked. However he was also James Bond in The Living Daylights and Licence to Kill which is almost as cool as being a meme but not quite.

Hot Fuzz (2007)

Khalid Abdalla as Dodi Fayed

The Crown season five cast

via Netflix

Khalid Abdalla is an Egyptian-British actor best known for United 93, a movie about the hijacked plane in the 11 September attacks. Abdalla played Zian Jarrah, the pilot and leader of the four hijackers on the flight.

Philippine Leroy-Beaulieu as Monique Ritz

via Netflix

For all of you Netflix hounds you might have recognised Sylvie Grateau from Emily in Paris in The Crown. She’s swapped the chief marketing officer at Saviour for The Ritz Hotel – pure vibes.

Olivia Williams as Camilla Parker Bowles

via Netflix

Olivia Williams is famous for her theatre career more than anything else. However she broke into TV with her portrayal of Jane Fairfax in the Andrew Davies adaptation of Emma. Olivia was also in two episodes of Friends as the character Felicity which is pretty wild. In Friends Olivia’s character was dating Joey, she’s the bridesmaid of Emily who Ross infamously calls Rachel at the altar – chaos!

Andrew Havill as Robert Fellowes

via Netflix

Andrew Havill is no stranger to British dramas, he’s best known for Downton Abbey and The King’s Speech. In Down Abbey he plays Henry Lacselles, the husband of Princess Mary and the son-in-law of King George V and Queen Mary. Keeping up with the royal connection in The King’s Speech, Andrew played Robert Wood, the BBC technician who helps the King record his speech.

Lydia Leonard as Cherie Blair

The Crown season five cast

via Netflix

Lydia Leonard is most famous for playing Mariana Lawton in Gentleman Jack, a historical figure who had a romantic history with Anne Lister. However she’s swapped that for The Crown, and in the latest season she plays Tony Blair’s wife.

The Crown season five is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.