am I the drama TikTok

Where is the ‘am I the drama’ sound from that’s all over TikTok rn?

I don’t think I’m the drama… Maybe I am… AM I THE VILLAIN!?

Another week, another viral TiKTok sound to get clued up with. The latest is the “am I the drama” sound that is probably all over your TiKTok For You Page right now.

@turtle_townWelcome to “superior youngest sibling” tiktok ##family ##lastborn ##childhood ##parents ##siblings ##fyp ##foryoupage♬ original sound – Brandons.Sounds

The TikTok sound goes “is it me? Am I the drama? I don’t think I’m the drama… Maybe I am! Am I the villain? I don’t think I’m the villain!” and people are using it in videos where they’re coming to a funny realisation that they might be the root of their issues, drama and aggro after all.

It’s similar to the “I potentially could be yeah” sound that went viral from Celebrity Big Brother, where Gillian McKeith asked Gemma Collins if she thought she was toxic.

@the.mom.roomAt least once a day. ##marriageadvice ##husbandandwife ##husbandandwifecomedy ##dramatic ##marriedwithchildren ##momtok ##parentsoftiktok♬ original sound – Brandons.Sounds

The sound’s origins come from the drag queen Scarlet Envy. Scarlet competed on season 11 of RuPaul’s Drag Race, and is now back to have another shot at winning the crown on the recently premiered All Stars 6. Scarlet uttered the now viral phrase during  some promotional content created by production company World of Wonder on YouTube.

Drag Race often has queens who fall into archetypal villain roles throughout the season, and Scarlet was humorously discussing how maybe she’s the ‘villain of the season’ after all.

Scarlet Envy is known for her dry sense of humour, but people underestimated how funny she can be and just wrote her off as a glamorous look queen rather than a comedy or performance queen. She proved on the show that she’s an amazing actress, winning a main acting challenge back in season 11.

With her viral success on TikTok, she’s now proving to everyone she can be a meme queen too.

Recommended stories by this writer:

• The first episodes of All Stars 6 show how good Drag Race can be when it lets the queens shine

• Quiz: What legendary All Stars 6 queen are you really?

• Drag Race: The 12 most memorable All Stars Variety Show moments