The Haunting of Bly Manor is being called ‘a masterpiece’, ‘creepy’ and ‘mind-bending’

It looks like your weekend plans just got sorted

The time is finally here. The Haunting of Bly Manor has hit Netflix, and the early reviews of it are exactly as expected – it’s good, and you should probably set aside your entire weekend to watch it.

The supernatural horror series, created by Mike Flanagan for Netflix, follows the success of The Haunting of Hill House. It sees Victoria Pedretti and Oliver Jackson-Cohen back as leads. Here’s what everyone has had to say about it so far.

The Haunting of Bly Manor, Netflix, reviews, review, reactions, new, series, horror, Twitter

via Netflix

The Haunting of Bly Manor is the second in the anthology series, this time based on The Turn of The Screw

The Haunting of Bly Manor has no plot links to “Hill House”, this time being based on a different book – The Turn of The Screw by Henry James.

The Netflix synopsis reads: “The story tells of a young governess hired by a man to look after his niece and nephew at the family country house after they fall into his care. Arriving at the Bly estate, she begins to see apparitions that proceed to haunt the premises.”

via Netflix

In reviews, people are already calling The Haunting of Bly Manor ‘dark’, ‘suspenseful’ and ‘exceptional’

It’s already getting rave reviews from critics who have watched it. One reads: “Full of mind-bending revelations, horrifying moments, happiness, personality and endless fascination, The Haunting of Bly Manor is not to be missed. It’s perhaps the finest and most perfectly splendid show of the year.”

Others say it’s a definite switch from Hill House, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. One review reads: “Bly Manor is not Hill House, but left to its own devices, this Haunting offers a beautiful examination of love and the ways we hold onto what we’ve lost.”

Another adds: “Perfectly splendid in almost every way, The Haunting of Bly Manor is a gothic and tragic love story at its core. Dark, creepy, and suspenseful.” Whilst one more of the reviews says: “The Haunting of Bly Manor is a chilling and heartbreaking follow-up to Hill House with a classically Gothic tale full of romance and ghouls.”

On IMDb, The Haunting of Bly Manor has received mostly 10/10 reviews. Some describe it as “a masterpiece of all horror series”, “horror at its most brilliant” and “exceptional story telling”.

And in case you’re wondering, Twitter has lost the plot over this show too.

Watch the trailer for The Haunting of Bly Manor here:

The Haunting of Bly Manor is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.