This is everything we know about the new creepy Netflix drama ‘Ratched’

It’s already been confirmed for two seasons

Yesterday, Netflix released the first trailer for its creepy new drama Ratched. And it’s safe to say, it looks like the next big show everyone is going to be hooked on.

It stars Sarah Paulson, was created by Ryan Murphy and is a scary psychological drama – it’s basically a recipe for success. So if you can’t wait until next month to get all the juicy details, here’s everything we know about new Netflix drama Ratched, ahead of its release.

Ratched, Netflix, Nurse Mildred Ratched, psychological, drama, mental institution, plot, synopsis, cast, Sarah Paulson, release date, trailer

Ratched on Netflix is all about a nurse at a mental institution

The series is created by Ryan Murphy – which automatically means it’s going to be good. It’s a prequel to Academy Award-winning One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, following the beginnings of the controlling Nurse Ratched.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest is a 1975 film about a convict who transfers to a mental institution in hope it will give him an easier time. But he then finds it’s run by Nurse Mildred Ratched, who uses her position of power there to intimidate all the residents. She goes on a murderous journey through the mental health care system. The Netflix series is set before then, in 1947, and shares the story of how the nurse went from just that, to the creepy and sadistic villain she is now.

The synopsis for the series reads: “A young nurse at a mental institution becomes jaded and bitter before turning into a full-fledged monster to her patients.”

As well as being created by Ryan Murphy, the series was produced by Hollywood massive, Michael Douglas. The first season will have eight episodes in total.

The cast is top tier

The cast of Ratched is full of familiar faces. If you’re getting full American Horror Story Asylum vibes, that’s because Nurse Ratched is played by Sarah Paulson.

The main cast is also made up of: Cynthia Nixon as Gwendolyn Briggs, Judy Davis as Nurse Betsy Bucket, Sharon Stone as Lenore Osgood, Jon Jon Briones as Dr. Richard Hanover, Finn Wittrock as Edmund Tolleson, Charlie Carver as Huck Finnigan, Alice Englert as Dolly, Amanda Plummer as Louise, Corey Stoll as Charles Wainwright, Sophie Okonedo as Charlotte Wells and Vincent D’Onofrio as Governor George Milburn.

Ratched will be on Netflix next month

The release date for the drama is September 18th, so we’ve only got a month to wait!! Plus, Netflix committed to two seasons of Ratched back in 2017, with 18 episodes in total – so we’ve got plenty of the dark drama to sink our teeth into.

Watch the trailer for Ratched on Netflix here:

Ratched will be available on Netflix from September 18th. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.