Love Island’s Jonny’s fiancée cancels their wedding but poses in the dress

WE’VE MISSED A LOT

Remember Jonny Mitchell from Love Island 2017? Well since he went off the radar it looks as though a lot has happened in his life.

He’s got engaged and now broken up with his fiancée, who has announced the split by posting a video of her in her wedding dress on Instagram. Yes, really.

It turns out, Jonny got engaged to blogger Danielle Zarb-Cousin a year ago, 10 months after they started dating. But now they’ve cancelled the wedding.

Jonny Mitchell, Love Island, split, breakup, wedding, fiancee, Danielle Zarb Cousin, video, wedding dress, Instagram, cancel

via Instagram @daniellezarbx

Danielle posted a video of her wearing the dress, captioned: “It isn’t just cancelling a wedding, it’s saying goodbye to the vision you had for the rest of your life after that day. The venue, the laughter, the family members and the start of a journey with someone who you love and who will love you for the rest of your life, no matter what, for better or worse.

“The places you would live and the things you would see together. I am not posting this for sympathy but for my own closure. I’m saying goodbye to the girl in this dress, I’m saying goodbye to her for good. It’s been pretty traumatising for me having to come to terms with everything lol but I’m only looking forward from now on. God has a different plan for my life ? I hope the next chapter is the best one yet ✨✨#youstayclassysandiego.

“Edit – the details are between Jonny & I. We have some amazing beautiful memories together which I will always cherish and I wish him nothing but happiness and success with everything he does in his life ??.”

She added in a post on her Instagram story: “Before this gets out of hand. Nobody cheated. How are you allowed to just make up shit @dailymirror. We had a very loving relationship for the best part of two years and that’s why it’s so hard to go our separate ways. Life happens.”

The Daily Mirror reported a friend of Danielle’s had said she was worried Jonny cheated on her, leaving her “utterly heartbroken”.

The wedding was reportedly scheduled for September 2020. It is thought the pair split last month.

Wow, a lot has happened since Jonny was calling Theo a “gigantic bellend” in Love Island 2017. Never forget.