Ohio mother accused of abusing 16 children could face ‘multiple serious’ new charges in the case
This has been the biggest update in weeks
The Ohio mother accused of abusing her 16 children could now face multiple more charges, it’s been reported. Elizabeth Siders was arrested at the end of June, alongside her husband Gary Siders Jr, and his parents Gary Sr and Christine Siders.
The four were then charged with 16 counts of second-degree felony child endangerment. This came after 16 children were found and rescued from their Ohio home.
The children, aged between one and 18, were described as living in “deplorable” conditions. It’s been alleged the children had been living at the home for four years, and conditions have been likened to that of how “feral animals” live.
Now, Elizabeth’s attorney has requested she be released, however prosecutors are seeking to file even more charges. Elizabeth is currently being held on a $300k bond, which her attorney has described as “excessive”, arguing the court knows she has no way to afford that.
Her attorney Thomas Stolly has argued Elizabeth has no known criminal record, and has shown the court no indication that she would be uncooperative with law enforcement.

via Southern Ohio Regional Jail
As reported by CourtTV, on Monday, prosecutors responded to the defence request, and urged the judge to keep the bond in place. The motion noted “multiple serious pending charges” and said Elizabeth Siders is not only a flight risk, but is “a potential risk to the victims in this case.”
The defence has recently requested a competency test for Elizabeth Siders, and now prosecutors have said “she is at personal risk until her competency is known.” All four of the defendants have requested competency evaluations, before a trial.
The exact nature of the “serious pending charges” are not known, but the motion said “the Defendant has serious new felony charges that will be considered by the Grand Jury.”
The criminal case against the Siders family members is set to begin, and will be heard by a grand jury after all four waived their preliminary hearings. This has allowed the case to move directly toward a possible grand jury indictment.
Each of the four suspects currently face 16 counts of second-degree felony child endangerment. Each count carries a possible maximum sentence of 8-12 years in prison. That means that, if convicted on every count and ordered to serve every sentence consecutively, each defendant could face more than 100 years in prison.
For more, like The Tab on Facebook. Featured image via Southern Ohio Regional Jail.





