Popworld Preston is the best bad club in the country

No one can resist a Partini

Explaining Popworld to an outsider is an impossible task without selling it short. To understand Popworld, one must experience Popworld, in all its cheesy glory.

Popworld combines two of life’s greatest pleasures: old school pop music and cheap drinks. Sprinkle a delightful mixture of drunk students and dodgy locals on top, and you have the recipe for the best club in the country.

12279680_542955129195232_275461755_oTo understand the majesty of Popworld, you must first understand that bad is not always bad. In fact, one of the things that makes Popworld so good is how undeniably shit it really is.

Unlike other clubs in Preston, Popworld only offers one floor – and with one floor comes one DJ, one playlist and one crowded, often sticky dance floor. But in such close quarters, everyone is friends with everyone as they throw their arms around in time to that Busted song from back in the day – how could they not be?

We love it here

We love it here

Popworld is never boring: on Wednesday nights you’ll find the dance floor filled with every sports team or society imaginable from UCLan, all of them sporting some sort of fancy dress and throwing their drinks around as they yell to their friends that they’re “not even that drunk.”

Even the smoking shelter is fun

Even the smoking shelter is fun

At the weekend, the locals join the mix, a middle aged hen do taking turns on the famous pole that lives at the side of the dance floor, germ covered and waiting for its next victim, a man in his fifties at the bar begrudgingly buying pretend champagne for his work night out – there really is no limit to the types of people you will find there and that just adds to its charm.

Throwing shapes to cheesy music is our favorite pastime

The drinks are usually cheap enough and Popworld’s signature cocktail the ‘Partini’ is enough to make even the manliest of men throw some serious shapes to the greatest hits of the Spice Girls and love every second of it. In Popworld, no one really cares or takes themselves too seriously, everyone always seems to just be having a good time, all the time.

12255479_542955135861898_1034434052_o

The music is probably the crowning glory of Popworld. Anyone that claims they don’t enjoy a bit of old school, cheesy music is lying. Popworld has every decade of pop you could ever ask for, be it Boyzone, B*witched or Bananarama. It’s impossible for anyone to resist getting up to dance when the embarrassing sounds of your distant childhood are pumping through the room.

People will always claim that it’s bad, but we all know the truth, everyone secretly loves Popworld. There ain’t no party like a Popworld party.

NOW WATCH:
The Tab UCLan The Tab UCLan News