Confirmed: These are all of the days lecturers are set to strike in Nottingham

The 18 days are set to be spread over a seven week period

The UCU has just confirmed all the dates lecturers will be striking this term.

The 18 days of UCU strikes before Easter has been spread across seven weeks – 11 days in February and seven in March.If they go ahead it will be the largest coordinated series of strikes to hit UK universities.

The confirmed strike dates are as follows:

• Week 1 – Wednesday 1st February

• Week 2 – Thursday 9th and Friday 10th February

• Week 3 – Tuesday 14th, Wednesday 15th and Thursday 16th February

• Week 4 – Tuesday 21st, Wednesday 22nd and Thursday 23rd February

• Week 5 – Monday 27th,  Tuesday 28th February, Wednesday 1st March and Thursday 2nd March

• Week 6 – Thursday 16th and Friday 17th March

• Week 7 – Monday 20th, Tuesday 21st and Wednesday 22nd March

On Wednesday 25th UCU members will meet with university employer representative the Universities and Colleges Employers Association. The union needs employers to substantially improve on the pay offer of 4-5 per cent to avoid disruption.

UCU general secretary Jo Grady said: “The university sector in the UK has over £40bn siting in reserves, but instead of using that vast wealth to deliver a cost-of-living pay rise and revere devastating pension cuts, university vice-chancellors would rather force staff to take strike action and see campuses shut down.

“There is a clear route out of these disputes, but at present vice-chancellors lack the political will to take it. They are failing staff who want to get back to work, and students who want to get on with their studies.

“Students understand that staff working conditions are their learning conditions and we are proud to have their support in these disputes. A system that relies on low pay and the rampant use of insecure contracts is a system which fails everyone.

“A resolution can be reached, that is in the gift of university vice-chancellors who need to urgently reassess their priorities and deliver a deal that benefits staff and students. From February, our union will begin reallotting its members to allow action to continue through the rest of the academic year, should they continue to drag their feet.”

• University of Nottingham staff set to strike for 18 days before Easter

• Nottingham Trent is one of the only unis *not* striking in the 18 days of industrial action

Notts bar Brass Monkey allowed to extend opening hours until 5am despite police objection