Lancaster Uni announces collaborative new campus to be built in Indonesia

The new campus will be located in Bandung, approximately one hour from Jakarta

A new Lancaster University and Deakin University campus is going to be built in Bandung, West Java, Indonesia.

This comes following support from Indonesia’s Ministry of Education.

This partnership aims to support the educational and research goals of the Indonesian Government, delivering social, cultural, and economic benefits for Indonesia.

This partnership between Lancaster University and Deakin University (in Australia) is the first overseas joint campus partnership between the UK and Australia, with support from both the Australian and British Governments.

Lancaster is the first UK university to be granted approval to build an international branch campus. Meanwhile, this will be Deakin University’s second international branch campus, as they have recently opened the GIFT City Campus in India.

The new campus plans to accommodate around 1500 students and 100 staff initially, with hopes to increase this number.

Indonesian students will be given the opportunity to gain dual undergraduate qualifications from two world-class universities, whilst remaining close to home and their families. These degrees will combine undergraduate modules from both Lancaster and Deakin University in one integrated program. Initially, five undergraduate programs in Business and IT will be offered, with the first intake proposed for September 2024.

Lancaster currently has international partnerships with universities in China, Germany, Ghana, and Malaysia. With Lancaster being the largest provider of UK transnational education in Malaysia.

Professor Andy Schofield, Lancaster’s Vice-Chancellor says “With the support of the Indonesian, UK and Australian Governments, we are delighted to be working with Deakin University. Lancaster is committed to making a positive contribution, building our global community of students and, with our partners, making a positive impact to the areas in which we operate.”

Related articles recommended by this writer: