King’s College London remains in the top 25 UK universities in new league table

It’s not even the best uni in London

King’s College London has ranked 24th best overall UK university out of the 130 universities ranked by The Complete University Guide’s latest rankings for 2024.

While it drops two places in the nationwide rankings, being 22nd last year, KCL remains the fourth best university in London, ahead of Queen Mary’s University of London, City, University of London, University of Arts London and many more.

The Complete University Guide’s overall score for each university is based on an average of graduate prospects, entry standards, student satisfaction, research quality and student-staff ratio. KCL was given an overall score of 74 per cent, putting it a single per cent behind UEA, University of Leeds and Cardiff University.

KCL’s graduate prospect outcomes and research quality both receive a score of 86 per cent putting them seventh and eighth in each respective category.

King’s has the best Health Studies department in the UK as well as a further four subjects ranking in the top five: Business and Management Studies (second), Social Policy (fourth), Anthropology (fourth) and Law (fifth).

Eight more subjects rank within the top 10: Biological Sciences (sixth), Food Science (sixth), Politics (seventh), Classics (eighth), History (eighth), Communication and Media Studies (ninth), Music (10th) and Economics (10th).

You can check out the full university ranking here.