Hull RAG launches Jailbreak 2017

The 2016 Hull winners managed to get as far as Thailand in just 36 hours

It’s that time of year again! Jailbreak 2017 is on the horizon and sign ups are looming.

Jailbreak is a fundraising event organised by RAG, the Raising And Giving society who have already done a whopping 1395 hours of volunteer work this academic year, which challenges groups of 2-3 students to get as far away from Hull as they can within a 36 hour timeframe and spend none of their own money in doing so. So, whether it be cashing in favours or begging freebies from airline companies, students somehow manage to jetset across the globe every year – all in the name of charity!

The set-off date for the 36-hour challenge is the 13th of June (perfect way to start the summer holidays!) and last year’s teams got to Thailand, Romania, Tenerife, Germany, Paris and more!

The fundraising target is £500 per team for The Eye Fund, which provides much needed counselling and aid to those who are losing their sight due to degenerative diseases, and RAG promise to give Jailbreakers lots of support with fundraising.

Last year’s winners, Alexandra Frontali and Suliman Shinwari, impressively¬†managed to get as far as Thailand within the 36 hour limit.

Last years Jailbreakers managed to get all over the world

The deadline for signing up for Jailbreak 2017 is 5pm on Friday 5th April, so anyone interested is encouraged to go to the Jailbreak Information Meeting in Wilberforce LT15 on Tuesday evening to hear more about the challenge.

University of Hull