Review: Glasgow Charity Fashion Show 2024, Dreams

Spoiler alert: Obviously amazing, as per

On Friday, I had the amazing opportunity to attend the Glasgow Charity Fashion Show 2024. Hosted in the Old Fruit Market, with many different looks being shown, the show was such a fun and different Friday night experience.

My ticket was VIP, meaning entry was earlier, and there were added perks. Upon arrival, I received my VIP wristband and made my way to the cloakroom, complementary with the ticket.

The fashion show is a charity event, with the committee of GCFS choosing a different charity each year to raise money for. The charity for this show was Impact Arts, a Scotland-based organisation that uses creativity to bring people together and challenge inequality.

GCFS provided each VIP with a goody bag containing gifts from Revolution Beauty, Lush, Torres crisps, Pot Noodle and many more brands. A VIP ticket also included tokens for five free drinks provided by drink sponsors including Hooch, Whitebox Cocktails, and the Copper Crew. The goodies and drinks honestly exceeded my expectations so the night was off to a great start.

(Goody bags provided by GCFS)

With lots of photo ops, a photographer, polaroid cameras, and a 360-degree camera, it felt like I was at a Paris Fashion Week performance.

The dress code was Black Tie, although a nice mix of outfits and styles were on display and most were not wearing floor-length gowns but rather opted for a still formal yet less “ballgown” look.

(I went for a belted jumpsuit!)

The show itself was amazing. Starting at 9 o’clock, the runway was surrounded by on-lookers, with lights blaring and music blasting.

This year’s theme was Dreams and GCFS president Mia Hardie, in her speech given after the show, explained that the aim of “Dreams” was to provide “escapism in a world where reality can be nightmarish”.

(Committee take the stage, with President Mia at the front in blue)

I’m here to tell you that this aim was achieved. While watching the show and admiring both the models and designers, I truly forgot about everything else that had been on my mind.

During midterms, my brain has been moving at one hundred miles an hour, and Friday’s show provided a much-needed break from life’s stresses.

This collection by designer Through Cat’s Eyes was a particular favourite of mine. I loved the colour scheme and the shape of the designs.

The middle look had backless strappy detailing, while the far right had corset ties. The models look fabulous, and each look suits the individual.

President of GCFS, Mia, said that the charity is “more important now than ever to envision a future of equal circumstance and equality” while addressing the audience after the show.

During this speech, the president revealed that £250,000 had been raised through the event, and she attributed the “altruistic ethos” of GCFS to this massive achievement.

(The charity, Impact Arts)

Overall, this night was amazing. The venue was spacious and gorgeously decorated, and the atmosphere was exciting, supportive, and electric.

A unique way to spend your night, and I highly recommend it to anyone. The show was enjoyed by people of all ages and interests, and of course, is always for a fantastic cause.

The Glasgow Charity Fashion Show is a must-see event for everyone, so keep your eyes peeled later this year for the 2025 show.

Designer in featured image: @rosie_erin_knits