Bumbling second year admits to peddling Class A drugs in Chester

The prosecuting lawyer was called Mandy

A 20-year-old second year has admitted trying to flog MDMA to Chester Uni students.

Appearing at Chester Crown Court yesterday, hapless wannabe dealer Rohan Jassal admitted one count of possession with intent to supply MDMA on October 24 2014, as reported by the Chester Standard.

The Birmingham boy also confessed to one count of offering to supply the party powder from June 15, 2014 to October 25, 2014.

Chester Crown Court, where Rohan admitted the charges

The court heard how Rohan was caught by police in October last year after another student was arrested for a separate offence.

Officers looked at his phone and discovered six text messages which hinted to them that he was trying to peddle the notorious party drug.

Cheshire Police traced the phone to Jassal before raiding his student house in Chester, where they found six wraps of Mandy worth an estimated £240.

Rohan was from a “good middle class family”, the court heard. The judge told him he would most likely face a prison sentence.

Judge Raj Shetty said: “You have pleaded guilty and it is almost inevitable that you will get a custodial sentence.”

Chester Uni, where Rohan is a second year

Chester Uni

Risky Rohan also pleaded neigh guilty to offering to supply Class B drug ket and this charge will lie on file.

Prosecuting lawyer, the aptly named Mandy Nepal, told the court the pleas he entered were acceptable to the prosecution.

MDMA

Defending lawyer Peter Moss said that Jassal was “not your usual drug dealer” as he came from a “good middle class family”.

The case was adjourned for three weeks for pre-sentence reports to be prepared and Jassal will be sentenced on August 3 at Chester Crown Court.

According to the squares at TalktoFrank, the penalties for possession of the Class A drug are severe and can get you up to seven years in jail.

They say that supplying someone else, including your friends, can get you life and an unlimited fine.

University of Chester