Not sure how to spend spooky season? Here are Bristol’s best Halloween events this year

The clock is ticking – get those tickets!

Halloween is right around the corner, so it’s time to get those events booked in fast to avoid being doomed to a night in spoons dressed in a full Halloween costume with nowhere to go. This year, the sheer amount and variety of events on offer in Bristol means there is something for anyone who wants a good night, but because there are so many, we get that it’s difficult to know where to start.

So, to make things easier for you, we’ve compiled a list of some the biggest and best events coming up, so that you can go all out this Halloween.

Shy fx Carnival of the dead:

This event is one of the biggest on the list, sporting some of the “biggest names in DNB and Bass music” and boasting the title of “most infamous Halloween tradition in the Bristol clubbing landscape”. There is no question, it’ll be a massive night, and with tickets almost gone, book quickly before they’re gone.

When: Friday 25th /Saturday 26th of October, 9pm – 5pm

Where: Motion

Wall of Bass and 4AM Kru presents: Wall of Death:

This Halloween themed show is part of 4AM Kru’s UK album tour and is promised to be a “history defining sound system culture link up” due to its impressive lineup. With similarly limited tickets left, this event has garnered a lot of excitement and is in a cool location ‘‘below the famous galleries shopping centre into the subterranean caverns beneath the city”.

Where: The Underground Bristol

Cirque du Soul: Halloween Special:

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by FRONTLINE (@frontlineukg)

This is the first time Cirque du Soul has come to Bristol on Halloween and they are committed to making it a spooky night, promising “killer clowns, rabid bats and marauding zombies”.  An already popular event, Cirque du Soul is a great option for anyone who’s a fan of house, disco, hip-hop, d&b and ukg. But remember, costumes are essential!

When: Friday 25th /Saturday 26th of October, 10pm – 5pm

Where: Lakota

Bingo Lingo XL: Carnival of Horrors:

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by BINGO LINGO (@bingolingo)

If you don’t fancy a club night out, you can still dress up to enjoy a “thrilling night” at Bingo Lingo XL. The event promises “prizes for best fancy dress, scary surprises and a creepy host” but also warns to arrive early as tables will get filled up fast.

When: Friday 25th of October, 6pm – 11pm

Where: The Underground Bristol

Lost Track of Time x In:Motion Halloween:

For this event motion promises an “immersive” and “multi sensory” Halloween experience with multiple stages, a stellar lineup and pyrotechnics. With its last show at Lakota in September totally sold out, it’s clearly popular for a reason.

When: Saturday 26th/Sunday 27th of October, 10pm – 5am

Where: Motion

Sir Spyro’s Halloween Dance:

This Halloween event promises two floors playing “heavy Dubstep hitters” with “140 & grime”, as well as promising a stacked lineup with special guests to be announced.

When: Saturday 26th/Sunday 27th of October 10pm

Where: Clock Factory

Propaganda Bristol – Houses of Horror:

This event is for all indie music lovers, the fleece has expanded into the church next door for their Houses of Horror, with one venue playing your “favourite indie bangers” and the other “alternative and pop punk anthems”. It promises “gruesome décor” and “tricks and treats” and warn tickets sell out every year, so book fast!

When: Saturday 26th/Sunday 27th of October 11pm

Where: The Fleece & St Thomas Church

Witch Please!

OMG offers a night that is “so fierce its frightening” with £1.50 drinks and a costume contest, it promises to be a fun night to kick off your Halloweek.

When: Monday 28th/Tuesday 29th of October, 10pm – 4am

Where: OMG

Halloween Fishies – The Big Scary Pond:

What better way to go into Halloween than a big Fishies night out? SWX promises a classic Fishies with the downstairs main room playing classic pop hits and the upstairs hosting the iconic silent disco. Unsurprisingly, its already proving to be very popular, so if you’re committing to sports night get those tickets fast.

When: Wednesday 30th/Thursday 31st of October, 10:30pm

Where: SWX

Brooklyn zoo:

Claiming the title of “biggest Halloween rave in Bristol” with over 3500 in attendance, this event is sure to be a big one. With three warehouses providing genres spanning from “rap, trap and drill”, “old school hip-hop and R&B” and “strictly DnB and Jungle” this event has been running for over a decade now and is a student favourite in Bristol.

When: Thursday 31st October/Friday 1st November, 10pm – 4am

Where: Motion

Shutdown Halloween special:

“Put on your scariest costumes!” Shutdown is back for Halloween, a well-loved and affordable UKG night at Lakota, it is sure to be popular.

When: Thursday 31st October/Friday 1st November, 10pm – 3am

Where: Lakota

The Dead Pig:

If you want a night out with some classic pop tunes and singalong songs, this is the one for you, The Brass Pig promises that the night will be a “Halloween Spooktacular” and offers prizes for the best costumes.

When: Thursday 31st October/Friday 1st November, 8pm – 3am

Where: The Brass Pig

The Lakota Haunted House Party:

If you couldn’t make it out on Halloween night, or just aren’t ready for Halloween to end, Lakota has you covered with its infamous Halloween rave, headlined by UKG stars 24HR GARAGE GIRLS. Described as a “immersive multi genre Halloween show” this is sure to keep your Halloweekend going.

When: Friday 1st/Saturday 2nd of November, 9pm – 3am

Where: Lakota