All the juicy details we know about Netflix’s Nobody Wants This season two so far

Erin Foster has already spoken about her plans for season two

The swoon-worthy romcom series, Nobody Wants This, has taken Netflix by storm this week, and the demand for a season two is already huge. The show is still really new, so there’s not a lot of information about its future yet, but creator Erin Foster has already revealed some sneak peeks about what we can expect to come. I’m already so excited!

Here’s a rundown of everything we know about season two so far.

Will there be a season two of Nobody Wants this?

nobody wants this season two

via Netflix

Erin Foster has shared some exciting news with IndieWire regarding the “positive response” the show has been getting: “I think the conversations have definitely started to happen about a potential season two. The story in season one unfolds really slowly. And so I think if there is a season two I would want to just kind of pick up where we leave off and continue to take it slow, because I don’t want us to get too far ahead of ourselves.”

She also said that she wanted her show “to be on the air as long as possible.” We want that too Erin!

What would a season two mean for Noah and Joanne’s complex relationship?

nobody wants this season two

via Netflix

Erin touched on this with IndieWire and expressed the importance of not giving the characters “an easy solution.”

She continued: “I hate when there’s a TV show that you’re watching as a viewer, and you’re thinking, ‘just ask the question!’ Like, ‘this is all very solvable; just ask her to convert’ and then every story goes away. I hate that. If people watching it think ‘this is a really easy solve, just convert to Judaism,’ I wanted to address that, because it’s not the easy solve. You don’t just say, ‘oh, well, I’ll just convert!’”

Most people would agree the show’s topics are much more complicated than that, and that’s part of the reason we love it. Erin reminded us that “Joanne is someone who’s not going to fake it, so if she doesn’t believe it, she’s not going to live it. So just converting on paper wouldn’t really change anything, because she would be abandoning herself.”

Apparently, Netflix was pretty worried about acknowledging the topic of conversion, because it would mean “show’s over” for a Nobody Wants This season two. However, Erin “felt really strongly that we should acknowledge it, because the audience is gonna be thinking about it,” and it would also raise the question of their future if Joanne isn’t ready for that yet.

Will we get a happy ending for Joanne and Noah?

via Netflix

Erin says yes!

“I fully understand some people who make the artistic choice to not give the audience what they want, but I don’t think this is that kind of show,” Erin said. Thank the heavens! It looks like Joanne and Noah will get their fairytale ending, just like Erin and her real-life husband, Simon.

“I don’t want people walking away frustrated or annoyed. I think this is the kind of show where you want to get the thing you’re there to get and I wanted to give people that moment of, ‘We choose each other, but everyone knows we’re giving up a lot to choose each other, so how are we gonna do it?’ And that, to me, felt like a realistic but still satisfying ending still with conflict, so you have somewhere to go,” Erin concluded.

Nobody Wants This is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.