Ashley Boys what happened

Ashley’s actress teases her character could develop ‘humiliating’ superpowers in The Boys

I’m on the edge of my seat

The season finale of The Boys was pure chaos in the best way but if there’s one burning question on all our minds, it’s what actually happened to Ashley? Ashley has been through a lot in the four seasons of The Boys we’ve known her for, starting off as an assistant to becoming CEO of Vought.

She’s seen a lot, arguably too much than she should have as she’s top of the list of people who have dirt to spill on the Seven. Before you read any more there will be serious spoilers for the final episode, so if you don’t want anything ruined then come back once you’ve watched it.

In the final episode of the season, Ashley overhears The Deep mentioning that she’s “at the top of the list” of those they want to kill. Obviously that’s not something you want to hear. In an act of desperation, she goes to Homelander’s room and injects herself with Compound V, the compound which turns ordinary people into Supes. But what effect does this have on her and what actually happened to Ashley in the season finale of The Boys? Let’s find out!

Via Amazon Prime

Well first things first, despite suffering some nasty effects from taking the injection it definitely seems as though Ashley is still alive. After she injects herself with the compound she starts undergoing some pretty drastic physical changes. Ashely suffers from trichotillomania and once she starts changing her wig falls off to reveal her bald scalp which is expanding, indicating the transformation is starting.

That’s the last we see of Ashley, although based on the fact she’s no longer in the room when Homelander returns, we can assume she was well enough to manage to escape in time. Sadly, Ashley isn’t a character who appears in the original The Boys comics so we can’t turn to them for information on what her powers could be or what role she could play next season.

Via Amazon Prime

Ashley’s actress Colby Minifie shed some light on what could be next in store for her character in an interview with Variety. She revealed: “As we’ve seen, when V first enters your body, the historic visual on the show is that it enters your bloodstream and things start happening in your blood, and it takes over your body.

“So what we’re hinting at is something’s going to happen! We don’t know if she survives or dies, but I have pitched some things of what her superpower could be – they’re all humiliating. I don’t know what they’re gonna do, or how they’ll see that to fruition. But it will be something crazy.” I’m excited for the next season already!

Recommended stories by this writer:

Who is Larry Kripke? The man who the season finale of The Boys pays tribute to explained

• The most utterly disgusting moments from The Boys, ranked by how hard they are to watch

• Chase Crawford admits he wouldn’t have joined The Boys if he’d known about octopus sex scene

Featured images via Amazon Prime.