Love is Blind goblets

Here’s the REAL reason why Love is Blind only uses those wine glass goblets

I can’t believe I never spotted this?!

The golden goblets used in Love is Blind have become one of the most instantly recognisable parts of the show, but aside from looking slightly gaudy (I’m sorry but it’s true) do they actually have another secret purpose?

The creator of Love is Blind, Chris Coelen, explained why they chose the golden goblets. He said: “I don’t know. It’s something I like. When you turn on the show, you know it’s our show. It’s a very authentic, really true following of these people’s journeys, but I like the fact that we have this sort of connective tissue with that in a really light way, it’s fun.”

Via Netflix

But according to Food52, the golden goblets let the editors of Love is Blind edit scenes together without revealing how much liquid has been consumed. This means viewers can’t tell how much time has passed between shots since they can’t see any liquid in the goblets.

Social media strategist Mia Aquino explained on Twitter, “It just simply helps with editing/the continuity of the scene. You can’t see how much is left in the glass! Gotta love reality tv!!”

And it seems the goblets have had a lasting impact on previous Love is Blind cast members, with some wanting to get a tattoo of the golden glasses on them. Deepti from season two explained: “All the girls, we wanted to get like a tiny little goblet tattooed on ourselves. We’ve been through so much. And we would always put all of our drinks in the gold goblets. It’s just a symbolic thing for us.”

All seasons of Love Is Blind are available on Netflix now – for more Love is Blind articles on the golden goblets, Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.