The Apprentice Dr Asif

The Apprentice’s Dr Asif said ‘Have you ever met a beautiful feminist?’ in resurfaced video

His company also shared a number of tweets by Andrew Tate

Dr Asif Munaf, a contestant on this season of The Apprentice, has been called out for suggesting “there is too much feminism” in the UK.

An old video of the ex-NHS doctor saying “Have you ever met a beautiful feminist?” and “A lot of brothers have got sick of feminism in the West generally” has resurfaced, The Sun reports.

This comes after he was forced to take diversity training after the BBC was made aware of comments he made regarding the Israel-Hamas war.

The Apprentice candidate defended his comments, saying: “The beliefs I hold and have shared are based on the values I was brought up with.”

In a video posted on YouTube last September, Dr Asif shared a new company he was starting up called “The University of Masculinity” which aimed to match Muslim men in the UK with women abroad in Morroco.

The Apprentice Dr Asif

In the video, he said: “A lot of brothers have got sick of feminism in the West generally. Being in the corporate world as a woman all of your life, you are going to rub shoulders with a lot of men. That is osmosis — you are going to absorb a lot of masculine ideals in terms of competitiveness, being blunt — it is a real problem in the UK.”

“We have to help vet a lot of sisters in Morocco and match them with appropriately aged guys in the UK, guys who are professionals. We match them with the correct ladies in Morocco. It is going well because there is a huge gap in what the women offer in the West and what the brothers want.”

“You know women who have very high testosterone levels — corporate ‘boss babe’ mentality. I have noticed that part of the world is probably one of the least prone to feminism at the moment because even in the Middle East I have seen remnants of feminism coming through.”

He also said: “Have you ever met a beautiful feminist?” and posted an Instagram clip with the caption “Don’t trust what women say”.

The University of Masculinity account on X has also previously retweeted several posts by Andrew Tate, who has been arrested on charges of rape and human trafficking.

In response to the resurfaced video, Dr Asif said: “My service is aimed at the specific demographic of divorced practising Muslim men. I do not offer a service for men to travel to find a wife. Rather, my job, as a coach, is to let them know this is an option. As a coach, I look at their mental health, finances and fitness, amongst other factors.

“I believe that for these divorced Muslim men to again find happiness with another partner they need to match with a woman who holds the same cultural and religious beliefs. I advise that they may find this abroad rather than in the UK. The beliefs I hold and have shared are based on the values that I was brought up with.

“I apologise for any offence caused by my online content/social media. It was not my intention to offend anyone, and I am of course open to all views.”

The Apprentice Dr Asif

Labour MP and feminist campaigner Jess Phillips called his comments “vile” and “sexist”. She told The Sun: “This is a vile and sexist attitude that sees women as something that can be traded for servitude and subservience. There’s a word for that – slavery.

“The BBC should have done their due diligence, spotted this and barred him from the show.”

The BBC has been contacted for comment.

The Apprentice 2024 Series 18 continues on Thursdays on BBC One and BBC iPlayer – for all the latest reality TV and entertainment news, memes and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook. Featured image courtesy of the BBC.