Asif Apprentice Israel

Dr Asif from The Apprentice forced to take diversity training by BBC after Israel tweets

He’s also now apologised for his comments

Dr Asif Munaf, a former NHS doctor, has been forced to apologise following the The Apprentice producers making him take some diversity training after the BBC were made aware of comments deemed offensive he’d made regarding the ongoing Israel – Hamas war.

Last year, Asif wrote on X / Twitter that Zionists are a “godless, satanic cult” and when referring to his children said “I pray they are strong enough physically, spiritually and psychologically to overcome the trial of the Zionist antichrist.” PA News claims when the BBC was made aware of the comments, producers on The Apprentice spoke to Asif to inform him why his comments regarding Israel may cause offence.

Via BBC

Asif then went on to have numerous chats with diversity and inclusion departments. A spokesperson for The Apprentice said “After filming had taken place, we were made aware of concerns over social media posts that Asif had made after he had left the process. As soon as we were alerted, we took immediate action and spoke to Asif in detail on this. Asif took part in specialised training to understand why his posts may cause offence. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment on and off screen.”

Dr Asif has also made a statement on social media to apologise for the Israel – Hamas comments, saying “I apologise for any offence caused by my online content/social media. It was not my intention to offend anyone, and I am of course open to all views. The beliefs I hold and have shared are based on the values that I was brought up with.”

In the last few days, Asif has also posted the following on Twitter / X. “In the immediate aftermath of the Zionist onslaught against Gazan civilians I used ill-judged & emotional language. It isn’t befitting of someone claiming to be from the nation of the most eloquent man to use such rhetoric. A Muslim is exemplary is speech, conduct & appearance.

“Sub-standard journos writing for B-rate papers trying to defame & mischaracterise me with baseless hit-pieces.”

Last night, Asif became known to viewers after his widely mocked clapping he did prematurely, thinking the boys’ team won the task when they’d actually lost.

The Apprentice 2024 Series 18 continues on Thursdays on BBC One and BBC iPlayer – for all the latest reality TV and entertainment news, memes and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook. Featured image courtesy of the BBC.