mafs mel schilling cancer recovery

Inside Mel Schilling’s glamorous return to the MAFS UK set just weeks after cancer surgery

She’s made it through filming on cocktail of Berocca and Champagne

MAFS expert Mel Schilling has updated us on her cancer recovery and is already back on set filming the newest season of MAFS UK, just 20 days after having surgery to remove a cancerous tumour in her colon. Her cancer diagnosis back in December shocked us all, with cast members both old and new sending her well wishes and messages of support.

Being totally transparent about her diagnosis, Mel shared her journey right from her diagnosis and all the way throughout her surgery and recovery. And although she’s admitted on Instagram how she’s not quite her usual “level 10 Mel Energy”, she is already back on the couch and filming the new series of the show with fellow expert, Charlene Douglas – and the pair are looking as glam as ever.

Mel toasted to the new season with fellow expert, Charlene

Sharing behind the scenes shots from the show, Mel looked fabulous in a pink gown as she was assisted around set in and daringly high heels, toasting with a glass of bubbly and even a Berocca. Back with Charlene, the pair have been laughing on set and sharing a “cheers” to the new series.

Despite only having surgery 20 days ago, she looked to have a blast with the team, sharing hugs and kisses all round.

Mel believed going back to work would help her recovery and wellbeing

Mel explained that her decision to return to work was an integral part of her recovery, adding that the sense of achievement was needed for her wellbeing.

Captioning an Instagram Reel, she wrote: “For me, returning to my work and experiencing that team spirit has given me a huge burst of wellbeing.” Her bubbly attitude shone through on the clip, which showed her joking with her team which included make up artists and others working behind the scenes on the show.

She appeared on This Morning to speak about her symptoms

Mel even appeared on ITV’s This Morning yesterday, to talk about her cancer symptoms and to issue warnings to people who are experiencing anything out of the ordinary with their bodies.

Speaking with Dermot O’Leary, Josie Gibson, and Dr Nighat Arif, Mel ran through her symptoms before her diagnosis and her surgery after being told she had cancer.

Sharing a meaningful message, she reminded followers of the importance of listening to their bodies, including that “Prevention is better than a cure, so live the healthiest lifestyle you can.”

It’s amazing to see her back on her feet and on the MAFS UK set so soon and to hear that she’s definitely on her way back to her old self and that her mindset is “pointing to happiness”.

For all the latest Married at First Sight news and gossip like this look at MAFS Mel Schilling and her cancer recovery, like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook.