Travis Kelce won on the field with the Kansas City Chiefs and then saw in New Years' Eve with Taylor Swift

Travis Kelce had ‘fun’ with Taylor Swift on New Years at huge family party

It was a family affair as Mama Kelce was also there

Travis Kelce says he had “fun” on New Years’ Eve with Taylor Swift after winning with the Kansas City Chiefs. 

Travis has revealed that he had a marvellous time on New Years eve with the 33-year-old pop superstar as they saw in 2024 after polishing off 2023 with helping his NFL side secure victory against the Cincinnati Bengals 25-17. 

Speaking to his brother Jason on their podcast New Heights, the 34-year-old tight end said: “It was fun, and then we all got to celebrate New Year’s together.

“It was cool, man, to have all the friends and family. I think I had over 50 to 55 people come in for this one,” he revealed. “Yeah, a good New Year’s celebration with all the friends and fam.”

Travis also marvelled at his delight to his 36-year-old brother about finally getting to exchange gifts with their mother Donna after the family matriarch spent the holidays with Jason, his wife Kylie and their three girls Wyatt, Elliotte, and baby Bennett. 

“And I go to exchange presents with Mama Kelc,” he said. 

Travis however kept tight-lipped about any other details about the present as according to him, their mum had got them matching gifts, before quipping that Jason would like more than the velour tracksuit he had gotten him.

Jason did admit that he wasn’t planning on donning it “that frequently” in the way you only can to your sibling but was gracious enough to say he did “appreciate it” and label it a “good gift”. 

Travis told him: “Nothing makes me happier than seeing you walk in in a velour jumpsuit with a Louis Vuitton duffle bag.”

This snippet of insight into Travis and Taylor’s big night out, and his Christmas present giving skills, comes after months of buzz about their union, which when it first began last autumn.  Pictures of them leaving a restaurant hand-in-hand, to then get into a convertable like IRL Barbie and Ken sent the internet into hyperdrive. Much was made about how the whole ordeal reeked  of teen movie vibes, the jock getting with the head cheerleader. Dedicated Swifties might have noted it was a completely different ending to Taylor’s  pick-me girl classic You Belong With Me from her 2008 sophomore album, Fearless. 

When Travis first went public with his crush on Taylor, who at the time was freshly single after calling it quits with her boyfriend of six years Joe Alwyn. Her heartbreak, which we have no clue what stage it was in,  nor the first leg of the record-smashing Eras tour didn’t stop her seeing his pleas for attention via this very same podcast. 

After failing to give her a handcrafted friendship bracelet, the spectacle of their Love Story only grew, reaching a fever pitch when she amended the lyrics to her song ‘Karma’ to ‘karma is guy on the Chiefs coming straight home to me’ while performing in Argentina, instead of the usual ‘Karma is the guy on the screen,’ believed to be a nod to her 32-year-old ex Joe.

Insights from the New Years’ party, which we hope involved a rousing rendition of Auld Lang Syne’, is a further development in the a significant shift in how Taylor deals with showcasing her dating life now she is dating Travis. Typically, she had been a bit more coy, keeping things like this a bit more under wraps, for her only. 

To be fair, she has been hardly telling all in magazines about the nitty-gritty of their sex life but you know, there’s always that 11th album….