So, The Apprentice finalist Dani was meant to be on Love Island?!

Eight weeks in a boardroom with Lord Sugar or in the sun in South Africa is a tough choice tbf

The Apprentice 2023 has reached its final, but it could have been very different for candidate Dani – who actually tried out for Love Island. Before going on the BBC show, Dani Donovan was instead set on eight weeks in the sun finding love, but it didn’t end up quite that way for her.

According to The Sun, Dani was “lined up” for Love Island this year, and had got through the audition stages, “in a bid to make a name for herself”. The 26-year-old salon owner didn’t get the call up, so is now in the final of The Apprentice instead.

Dani Donovan from The Apprentice

via Instagram @danidonovan__

A source said: “Dani is no stranger to television as before she went on The Apprentice she tried out for Love Island. She did well too and got past the audition stage with ease. Dani did all her medicals for Love Island and was ready for action but ultimately she never got her call up for the villa.

“She is a clever woman and knows the exposure would have been great in the long run. It is no surprise she applied for The Apprentice as she wanted to get herself out there. And she has proved she can make great TV so far. The Apprentice likely won’t be the last television show you will see Dani on.”

Instead of fighting for affection in recouplings, Dani now faces the interview stages and fierce competition from her fellow The Apprentice finalists, Marnie Swindells, Rochelle Anthony, Megan Hornby and Victoria Goulbourne. Let’s see how she gets on!