Love Island 2023 star signs

These are the most and least compatible Islanders, according to their star signs

Of COURSE Olivia is a Gemini

Much to the disgust of most men on dating apps, women love to know about star signs. It might seem unhinged, but knowing if someone’s a Leo or a Libra could tell you far more about a stranger’s personality than where they grew up or what cocktail they’re about to order can. So, it seems surprising that on a show like Love Island, allegedly geared towards finding “the one”, none of the contestants have yet whipped out their birth charts to gauge how compatible they are with their current partner.

“Star sign compatibility is so useful when pairing people up, showing us the things that attract people to one another and the things that would annoy us in one another, months and even years before it happens,” says celebrity psychic and astrologer, Inbaal Honigman. “Water signs are more emotional, Fire signs are active, Air signs are the ideas people, and Earth signs are practical.”

So, which Love Island 2023 contestants have the most compatible star signs?

Anna May and Harris – Compatibility score: 85%

From the initial coupling up, it didn’t seem like Anna May and Harris were vibing well. But, according to research by Reboot, they’re 85 per cent astrologically compatible. “Sagittarius Anna-May has met her match in Sagittarius Harris,” says Inbaal. “It’s a sign that is fun, fun, fun. Travel and adventure is what they live for, bringing laughter to the entire villa, and sweeping people up in their party-animal style. Free-spirited, they are not really relationship-people, but they will enjoy meeting a partner-in-crime.”

Harris Love Island

Olivia and Will – Compatibility score: 75%

At some point you have to wonder if the stars are blind. Because there’s no way after Olivia and Will’s first hellishly awkward hug these two are meant to be. But, apparently, their star signs are 80 per cent suited…

“Gemini Olivia and Virgo Will have some great potential,” claims Inbaal. “Gemini is a flirty and sociable sign, always in the mood for a party, whilst Virgo is a much more sensible sign – mature beyond their years. If they don’t clash over her flirting, these two could be a wonderful love story.”

“Interestingly, Tom and Will are born one day apart,” adds Inbaal of the bombshell Olivia just re-coupled with. “So, their star chart will be quite similar, not only their Virgo star sign. It would be curious to follow whether they attract the same girls!”

Love Island Olivia

Credit: ITV

Kai and Tanyel – Compatibility score: 75%

After Kai realised he was in high demand in the villa on day one, it seemed uncertain whether he’d be particularly invested in his relationship with Tanyel. But according to their star signs, they’re 75 per cent compatible. “Taurus Kai could be a wonderful match for Taurus Tanyel, as they are both the same down-to-earth, chilled sign,” says Inbaal. “The attractive qualities of Taurus – sensuous, hilarious and smart, are doubled up in this pairing. However, the less fun qualities they share, the famed Taurean inertia, could see them both too unmotivated to move the relationship forward.”

Credit: ITV

Ok, and which Love Island couples are the least compatible?

We’re literally starting to wonder whether this list was somehow flipped upside down because the least astrologically compatible couples are shocking:

Shaq and Tanya – Compatibility score: 40%

From the moment they coupled up, Tanya and Shaq pretty much seemed obsessed with each other. But, with 40 per cent compatibility, the stars seems to say otherwise: “Aries Shaq and Aquarius Tanya are total opposites astrologically,” says Inbaal. “He’s upfront, direct and active. She’s mysterious, quirky and dreamy. Both signs have a great sense of humour, so with a lot of laughter, this could actually work. But since they’re both signs that need a lot of space, they may not even want to invest in the relationship that much. Aquarius is very loyal and Aries is super flirty.”

Shaq and Tanya

Credit: ITV

Lana and Ron – Compatibility score: 50%

Turns out a mutual love for Harry Potter doesn’t mean it’s meant to be. Because, Lana and Ron are only 50 per cent compatible. “Scorpio Lana and Leo Ron are an unstable match,” says Inbaal. “Both signs are extremely passionate and motivated by desire. But Leo loves to be honest and open, whilst Scorpios like to have their little secrets. The Leo will accuse the Scorpio of playing games, and the Scorpio will see the Leo as self-centred.” Uh oh. 

Love Island Ron

Credit: ITV

Love Island 2023 continues at 9pm on ITV2 and ITVX. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.