If you’ve finished and loved Wednesday on Netflix, you need to watch these 11 shows next

Weekend plans sorted!

Wednesday on Netflix has had us all hooked. There’s no point even trying to deny it, as the numbers do all the talking. It’s about to take the record for the most watched English-language show in Netflix history. So, a lot of us are probably left now having binged watched it and wondering if there are any other series like Wednesday to watch next.

Wednesday was the perfect recipe for a teen mystery, comedy series that was quite self-aware in its humour. Obviously, it can’t be matched by any other shows, but Netflix does have quite a few similar series that you’ll definitely enjoy. So, if Wednesday is the sort of series you like, here’s a full list of shows you should be watching now. Enjoy!

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

via Netflix

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina follows a young half-human, half-witch as she deals with the growing pressures of high school and her family’s legacy, the Church of the Night. It is based on the comic series of the same name and Sabrina The Teenage Witch, obviously.

The Bastard Son and The Devil Himself

Other series like Wednesday on Netflix and what to watch next

via Netflix

The Bastard Son and The Devil Himself was released on Netflix earlier this year. The show is based on a novel by Sally Green, called Half Bad, and it follows Nathan Byrn – the illegitimate son of the world’s most dangerous witch, Marcus Edge. Nathan struggles with turning out like his father but he and his friends later discover who he really is.

YOU

via Netflix

I’m pretty sure most people have watched Joe Goldberg and his murdering obsessive ways in YOU. But, if you’re in a Jenna Ortega moment, you should probably go back and watch season two of YOU, where she is teen tearaway, Ellie.

Fate: The Winx Saga

via Netflix

If you enjoyed the monsters and magical school elements of Wednesday, another series you will definitely like is Fate: The Winx Saga. It’s all about a college for training fairies, but don’t take that the wrong way, you’ll definitely be hooked on it.

A Series of Unfortunate Events

via Netflix

You definitely read the books or watched the film as a child, and the Netflix series based on Lemony Snicket’s novels is just as good. There are three seasons of the Netflix original adaptation following the Baudelaire orphans.

If you didn’t read the books or see the film, the Netflix synopsis describes the series as: “The extraordinary Baudelaire orphans face trials, tribulations and the evil Count Olaf in their fateful quest to unlock long-held family secrets.”

The School for Good and Evil

via Netflix

The School for Good and Evil is about two friends who are taken off to an enchanted school where heroes and villains are trained to protect the balance between good and evil. So, if you liked the supernatural school element of Wednesday, you’re definitely going to like this series.

Elite

via Netflix

Elite basically combines teen drama, murder, sex and love all into one show. It’s a Spanish thriller series, and the synopsis reads: “When three working-class teens enroll in an exclusive private school in Spain, the clash between them and the wealthy students leads to murder.”

One of Us Is Lying

via Netflix

One of Us Is Lying is a mystery drama, based on a novel by Karen M. McManus. Five students at a school walk into detention and only four walk out alive. Each of the four students, Bronwyn, Addy, Nate and Cooper, had the opportunity and individual motives to murder their classmate, but all claim to be innocent as the case revolves around which one of them is lying.

Locke and Key

via Netflix

Netflix’s Locke and Key is based on a series of comic books by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez. It follows three siblings, who after their father’s murder, move into a house filled with reality-bending keys.

Ginny and Georgia

via Netflix

If you love teen dramas and a girl who loves rebellion, you’ll enjoy Ginny and Georgia as much as you liked Wednesday. It follows a troubled mother and daughter duo as they move to a new town.

Blood & Water

via Netflix

This six-part series is all about mystery, obsession and suspicion. It follows 16-year-old Puleng Khumalo, who after meeting 17-year-old Fikile Bhele at a party, begins to think she may be her long-lost sister, who was abducted at birth. Her thinking turns to obsession as she tries to connect the dots and prove her theory. She transfers to the same school as Fikile just so she can find out the truth.

For all the latest Netflix news, quizzes, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.