19 dollar fortnite card

The strange story behind the ’19 dollar Fortnite card’ TikTok audio

No more Fortnite!

TikTok is completely baffling and I’m convinced by this point they’ll make anything blow up, and the best current example of that is the “19 dollar Fortnite card” meme. We’ve all seen the TikTok videos using the audio, and it’s pretty hard to explain to someone who hasn’t – someone plays out a scenario whilst miming “19 dollar Fortnite card, who wants it?!” before a banging noise, then the PlayStation sound, and then a high pitched voice squealing “no more Fortnite!”

Bizarre. But where did this confusing audio come from? What is the actual context to the original video? Was there actually a giveaway for a 19 dollar Fortnite card? Here’s everything we know about the TikTok 19 dollar Fortnite card meme.

@ethanelcThe fortnite card was not worth it♬ mrblocku says no more fortnite – ethan

Where did the 19 dollar Fortnite card meme come from?

For starters, I’m going to let this be known right off the bat – this is going to get weird. Seriously, you thought clicking on this article would link you to a singular funny video, but there’s an entire saga behind this guy and his obsession with trolls and Fortnite cards. Shit’s weird.

The audio originates from a TikTok that @mrblocku made in January of this year. In it, he announces that he’s doing a giveaway, that he wants people to share the video and that haters will be blocked. Here’s a reupload of the now-deleted video:

Odd, right? Like why does he mime his own voice and speed it up? Why does he move in such an exaggerated fashion? Why do people like this always make videos in their car?

The whole thing is pretty terrifying, but at least he’s got a career in voice acting if this gig doesn’t work out. From this point on, it really was as simple as @ethanelc adding some of the original Playstation sound effects to the clip and a strange high pitched voice saying “no more Fortnite” and a legend was born.

Anyway, after a little bit of digging it turns out there’s a whole saga behind this guy becoming one of the most notorious troll blockers going – and obviously there’s nothing online trolls love more than someone who gets extremely triggered by online trolls. Here’s every video he made before deleting them all:

So yeah, strange bloke. Strange meme. The whole thing is just strange, but people are getting pretty inventive with their uses of the audio so let’s take a look through some of the best examples:

@torilocklearsorry♬ mrblocku says no more fortnite – ethan

@eliascarroll1I’m pretty sure someone done this but it just happened to me so thought I’d post, credit him ##fyp ##foryou ##xyzbca ##relatable ##viral ##trend ##fortnite♬ mrblocku says no more fortnite – ethan

@roncoxjrNO MOREEE FORNITE🤣 ##foryoupage ##fyp ##viral♬ mrblocku says no more fortnite – ethan

@paint3mporaryswagfor3v3rand then had the audacity to say “why don’t you tell me things about your life 🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺”♬ mrblocku says no more fortnite – ethan