The art of taking a good nude: We asked girls for their expert tips

I am shook

Girls are evil geniuses. You heard it here first. Honestly, if you spent an hour talking to women about all the things they do to prepare for dick appointments, or the hints they drop to show guys they’re interested, or anything to do with the elaborate mating dance that surrounds sex – you’d be stunned. This is why male birds have the nicer feathers – the women are way ahead of them, and they need all they can get just to catch up.

One thing women completely have in the bag is: How to take nudes. Boys have like… four angles? In total? And two of them are just dick pics from in front or behind. But women – wow. The fact that this article is over 1000 words says it all. However skilled you are, though, is irrelevant right now. Everyone’s always looking to up their nude game. Not sure what to do with your face in a pic? How to take a pussy pic? Run out of poses and keep doing the same one? Babe, don’t worry – we got you. We asked a bunch of girls how to take nudes, and their tips and tricks are so good your nudes will be fit for the Louvre.

Take a photo montage with you removing each piece of underwear one at a time

Firstly, you get them to send you money for new lingerie (because you’re a poor uni student) and ask them what kind of outfit they want you to wear – sweet, sexy or prostitute? Then surprise them. Wear said outfit, gradually take outfit off in a photo montage. Yes to self-timer, get those booty angles, yes to pinching your nips so they’re erect, bit of body oil to get that super sexy wet look.

Lily, 20

Don’t always assume more nudity equals sexier, underwear is super sexy too

Okay so I usually like to wear lingerie (all black generally makes me feel sexier – if it’s a special occasion for the recipient I’ll go all out and put on stockings and a suspended belt or something lol).

Ellie, 22

Self timer is your best friend

When you’re talking about how to take nudes, self timer is criminally underrated. Especially for pics of your bum. Also I think it’s important not to underestimate even un-sexual parts of your body! Like your back can look super sexy from behind, and stuff like collarbones. I think the end goal is legit having ur own nudes turn you on because then you know it’ll turn them on.

Rosa, 19

Sit on a desk to make your bum look amazing

Fittest nude I’ve ever taken: perched on a desk so your hips and bum look even bigger, hands cinching in waist and leaning forward for boobs to look bigger. There’s no way that pose can look bad, it’s fool proof.

Ava, 21

Black and white filters are so flattering and make the pic look sexy

I always add a black and white filter to my nudes because it gives the pics a late-night sexy vibe but also smoothes the skin, accentuates definition. Works a treat

Georgia, 20

If I know I’m going to have a nude-taking session I always fake tan

Having a bit of a tan always makes me feel way more confident so I often fake tan and then take a whole load of nudes for future use. It makes my boobs look perkier, abs more defined and gives me that added boost of confidence

Ruby, 22

Bathroom mirror selfies get my best angles

I tend to take my nudes in the bathroom mirror because it cuts out any awkward leg positioning and get stomach, titties and a bit of my face which is a nice bonus.

Emma, 21

A quick few second video always goes down well

A very simple but powerful move is a cheeky video of you unclasping a front-clasped bra and just letting your boobs bounce on out. Let them do the work. Especially if you run your hand up your body to the clasp first. You really can’t go wrong.

Ellie, 21

If you feel like you keep doing the same pose, try doing sex positions instead

If you keep doing the same things and you think they’re starting to notice – mix it up and imitate sex positions instead, then take a snap of that. So like sit on your knees as if on you’re on top, or bent over as if in doggy. It helps them actually imagine having sex with you, and nothing’s hotter than that.

Danni, 20

If you’re really close with a mate, get them to take them of you

Self timer isn’t necessary if you have a great friend who’ll take nudes of you – I know me and my mates have. It’s quite fun when you get past the initial ridiculousness, and exciting because it gets such good results. They can tell you how to pose and move – “a little to the left, up a bit” vibes.

Izzy, 21

Pulling your thong up makes you look thick, in a good way

Not that there’s such thing as looking thick in a bad way, but if you want your tummy to look smaller and hips look bigger – pull your thong or pants up at the sides so it sits higher on your hips. Sit on your knees and lean back on your feet and then this has the added bonus of pushing out your arse, so everything looks slim thicc af.

Roha, 21

Boys can’t resist a pussy shot, let’s be real

Fresh out the shower, shave if you’re about that life, and then literally just legs spread and bobs your uncle. Just pretend you’re touching it and super aroused even when you’re actually watching Netflix and eating a donut. Also open legs in the mirror is a great one get the whole body involved and the vag isn’t so scary. But if you like turn your on your side, legs spread or take the photo from behind so like vag and ass view, that’s a real crowd pleaser. Self timer if it’s necessary. Remember: boys love pussy, the mere sight of it turns them on. Even if you don’t think yours is attractive they will!

Jess, 22

For a banging vag pic, lean back on your elbows

So to get the right angle of your vag I’d recommend using either your laptop webcam or your phone (I’m not scared of government spies if you aren’t). For webcam, scoot your hips forward and lean backwards onto your elbows for a 100% full frontal view: great for video call sex! Or for a phone, I just use my dominant hand to finger myself and then hold my phone above with the other hand, but you could also position it at the end of your bed on a stack of books to get a full body view, with focal emphasis on your vulva.

Ariel, 20

Taking pussy pics makes me feel great, and they love it!

Full-frontal camera angles might be intimidating, but they honestly have so much payoff? It’s really helped me to own the skin I’m in and be like: yeah, that’s my labia. Only downside: dropping your phone onto your lubed-up vulva feels GROSS.

Kelly, 21

A vag shot with the rest of your body in it hits all the right spots

I take pussy shots in front of the mirror, on my knees with them spread-ish so my waist looks snatched but butt looks big. Hand covering vag whilst pushing my boobs forward a bit with my arm because I am a small breasted woman. Works a treat.

Amy, 20

Splash your boobs with cold water

Splash your boobs with cold water before taking a nude to make them look super perky and nipples will be nice and erect. Also pinch them or blow on them a bit if water is not immediately available but you still want hard nips.

Rachel, 19

Send everything on Whatsapp or Snap to avoid post nude-sending anxiety

If you want to be really safe with your nudes, send them on Snap so they disappear and you can see if they screenshot. If you want them to be able to keep them, send on Whatsapp – it’s encrypted. Also if you want it to be unrecognisable as you – hide your face or any tattoos. Just in case. Even if you really trust the person, post nude sending anxiety is real, but doing this can calm you down.

Bette, 21

If you don’t know how to take nudes with the right lighting, just use the first filter on Snapchat

I’d say a hack for lighting is actually take it on snapchat (obviously be careful not to add to story) and use the first filter – I think it makes your skin look really smooth and glowy.

Hannah, 20

If you’re sending a video then do something you genuinely find sexy, or it feels awkward

If you’re doing a video it has to be things that turn you on as well otherwise it would just be awkward and fake. So literally whatever makes you feel sexy, recreate a strip tease, go over your favourite parts of your body or how you’d masturbate but adapt for filming. And it doesn’t have to be vulgar, nudes can be romantic and cute. Like sultry in the bubble bath or I literally just take random vids of me dancing nudie post shower to my fave songs sometimes.

Polly, 21

Ask them if they want it first – it’s sexier

Consent is always sexier, so ask them if they want the nude before you send it. It’s also immensely having a boy be like “pleeeeease” and literally begging to see you before you drop the nude on them. Builds the tension, y’know?

Ella, 20