Bath rugby star admits assaulting student

He knocked him out with a single punch

An international rugby star today admitted knocking out a university student with a single punch in a violent city centre assault.

Samoan Alafoti Fa’osiliva, 30, a member of Bath Rugby first team squad, felled Nissi Kyeremeh in a 2.30am attack in the Somerset city.

A court heard that Mr Kyeremeh, 21, was left with bruising to his left eye and forehead and grazing to the inside of his top lip.

Alafoti Fa'osiliva, who is a member of Bath Rugby first team squad, arrives at Bath Magistrates Court this afternoon where he faces allegations of assualt. April 21 2016.  A top Bath Rugby player has admitted assaulting a university student in an attack in the city centre.  See SWNS story SWRUGBY.  Alafoti Fa'osiliva, who is a member of the Bath Rugby first team squad, appeared in court today charged with the assault of a 21-year-old man on February 6, in SouthGate.  The court heard that 30-year-old Fa'osiliva knocked Nissi Kyeremeh unconscious with a single punch at about 2.30am on February 6.  Mr Kyeremeh was left with bruising to his left eye and forehead, and grazing to the inside of his top lip. The blow to his head has also affected his memory and ability to concentrate, affecting his university studies.  Following Fa'osiliva's guilty plea the hearing was adjourned while Bath magistrates decide whether Fa'osiliva should be sentenced in Bath Magistrates' Court or by a judge in Bristol Crown Court.

Alafoti Fa’osiliva arriving at Bath Magistrates Court this afternoon 

The blow to his head has also affected his memory and ability to concentrate, affecting his university studies.

Fa’osiliva pleaded guilty to the February 6 assault and the hearing before Bath magistrates was adjourned as they decided whether he should be sentenced at their court or by a judge in Bristol Crown Court.

Fa’osiliva joined Bath Rugby in 2013 in a move from rivals Bristol Rugby after a short stint in Toulon.

He played for Samoa in the 2015 Rugby World Cup after a stellar career in Rugby Sevens for the Pacific Island nation which saw him nominated for the 2010 IRB International Sevens Player of the Year.

After Fa’osiliva was summonsed to court in March Bath Rugby said: “The club takes matters such as this very seriously.”

The Tab Bath The Tab Bath News