Your ultimate guide to all the upcoming gigs in Nottingham this March

It’s time to start booking tickets

Nottingham has one of the best live music scenes out there, with multiple brilliant venues dotted around the city. From pop music to alternative rock, there are so many gigs happening here in Notts this March. Now exam season is over, we can all let loose a little more, and what better way to do it than with a night of live music! Concerts and gigs are a great excuse to take a break from uni and support recording artists, so there really is no reason not to go. But, if you don’t know where to find them, fear not – here’s a comprehensive list of what’s coming up this month.

Everything Everything – Friday 8th March at Rough Trade

Everything Everything are a band from Manchester who are performing to promote their new album titled ‘Mountain Head’ which is set to be released on Friday 1st March. Their new album promises to bring a political stance whilst also being an enjoyable listen. The venue, Rough Trade, is a small and intimate space which is ideal for the seemingly intense nature of their new tracks. Be sure to listen to the album before you go so that you can sing along to all their new music.

Echo and the Bunnymen – Tuesday 12th March at Rock City

Formed in 1978, Echo and the Bunnymen are an “old-skool” band and therefore they know how to put on a good gig. Living up to the name of the venue, they are known for their rock music, which may be a new genre for some of you to try out. Given that they are going on to tour Europe in April, it’s clear that this is not one to miss!

Yard Act – Thursday 14th March at Rock City

Yard Act rose to fame after their debut album was released in 2022 and are still considered “up and coming”. So, if you’re into lesser known music, this is one for you. They’re a band for Leeds and their music is considered rock, which is again fitting as they’re playing at Rock City.

Happy Mondays – Saturday 16th March at Rock City

Happy Mondays coming to Notts? “You’re twisting my melon man!” – I certainly don’t want to miss the opportunity to see the icons Shaun Ryder and Bez on stage, and not just because they’re on celebrity Gogglebox. Happy Mondays do not only bring music, but also entertainment. As long time performers, they certainly know how to put on a show and you can be sure there’ll be lots of laughs between tracks.

Lukas Graham – Sunday 17th March at Rock City

While best known for their songs 7 years and Mama Said, the Danish band are sure to bring a great atmosphere to Rock City. If you only know them for these couple of songs, it’s a great opportunity to learn more from the group, and what better way to do that than to see them live.

James Arthur – Tuesday 19th March at the Motorpoint Arena

I don’t know about you, but James Arthur’s music played a pivotal role in my childhood. Whether you only know his older stuff and just go for nostalgia, or if you’re a superfan and know his newer music too, James Arthur always puts on a good show. His music is the perfect balance of songs to cry  to and songs to dance along to. There are, however, only resale tickets left so you better act fast!

Caity Baser – Thursday 28th March at Rock City

If pop music is more up your street, fear not! Having taken TikTok by storm, Caity Baser will now take to Rock City’s stage bringing fantastic upbeat tunes. If you’re going through a breakup, situationship or your love life is just as tragic as mine, her music is perfect to jump, scream and sing along to.

Related articles recommended by this author

If you have these 10 things in your winter wardrobe then you’re definitely a Notts student

Lecture proposals, Ocean and Mega Munch: The definitive Notts hall of fame

It’s official: Here’s six ways to tell if someone goes to the University of Nottingham or Trent