Mental health charity shop Mind opens a new branch in Jesmond

‘Make your mind a better place’

Mind, a leading mental health charity, has found its 161st shop premises on St George’s Terrace as it expands across communities in England and Wales.

The charity supports the one in four people who experience mental health issues each year – with its funds going to the Mind Infoline, to the information and advice services, as well as to the campaign which fights for better mental health.

A student mental health hub is also available to inform and give advice to all communities on coping with the challenges of student life.

Bradley Hall’s commercial team, acting on behalf of the landlord Watermark Investments Ltd, let Asprey House to the charity. The ground floor retail space offers the charity a perfect location in the popular Jesmond area.

Head of Property at Mind Emily Morris said: “We are thrilled to be opening a new shop in Jesmond and are so grateful to Bradley Hall for their pragmatic approach throughout this process.

“Thanks to the generosity of our supporters, we are able to continue opening new shops within local communities. But their support is more important than ever, as the ongoing cost of living crisis means we can expect to see a rise in mental health problems and increased demand for mental health services. There are very easy ways that everybody can get involved such as donating quality items, volunteering in the shop, or simply shopping at the store.”

Managing Director for Commercial at Bradley Hall Richard Rafique said: “Asprey House will offer the charity a great deal of space and an abundance of footfall due to its popular Jesmond location. This will support the charity in selling high-quality items donated by the community, to help generate vital funds to support those who need it most.”

Want to write stories like this? Join the team, no experience required. DM us via @TheTabNewcastle on Instagram or The Tab Newcastle on Facebook.