Lancaster University to organise memorial for final year student who fatally fell from building

Third-year student, Leesha Agarwal, tragically passed after falling from a city-centre building earlier this month

Lancaster University will organise a memorial for a final year student who has died over the Easter holidays.

Third-year student, Leesha Agarwal, passed away after she fell from the third-floor of a building in Lancaster.

The fatal fall took place on 2nd April, in St. John’s Mews.

Leesha was a psychology student at Lancaster, and was a member of Cartmel College.

While an initial inquest has taken place, Area Coroner Richard Taylor will publish his conclusions at the final inquest which is scheduled to take place on 11th July at Preston Crown Court.

Lancaster University has described Leesha’s passing as a “terrible shock and dreadful loss for the University community”, and is offering “as much support as possible” to her family.

The university added: “We know that this is an incredibly difficult time for everyone who knew Leesha and that you will miss her greatly. For those who did not know Leesha well, it is still a huge shock to lose someone in our community so suddenly and tragically.”

The university has opened an online book of condolences for members of the community to post messages in Leesha’s memory. Arrangements are also underway as the university is organising a tribute to Leesha and students will be informed of this via email.

A Lancaster University spokesperson said: “Leesha’s death comes as a dreadful shock to all who knew her and the University passes on sincere condolences to Leesha’s family, friends and colleagues at this extremely difficult time.

“Leesha, who was living off campus in private halls in Lancaster, was a Cartmel college student and involved in several student societies. We encourage anyone affected by this sad news to please reach out, to talk and to access support. When the time is right we will want to come together to pay a fitting tribute to remember Leesha.”

Any member of the Lancaster University community who wishes to seek support can find more information here.