Orlando Bloom just got told off for calling himself a ‘pikey from Kent’

On Radio 1 this morning

This morning, while live on Radio 1 with Nick Grimshaw, Canterbury’s prodigal claim to fame Orlando Bloom was reprimanded for describing himself as a “pikey from Kent”.

Bloom, as he promoted his new Pirates of the Caribbean film, was asked if he still did his own stunts on set, to which he replied “I’m still a pikey from Kent, boy, I’m still a pikey from Kent. You don’t want to get on the wrong side of me, boy”.

“He’s a bit of a loose canon” commented Nick Grimshaw, who after the interview issued an apology to listeners who may have been offended by anything said.

Freewheeling with his honorary degree from Kent

Defending his use of the term, Bloom himself tried to explain that he had not meant to be derogatory. He said “I’ve come from Kent and I grew up with a lot of, like, freewheeling, cool, interesting characters like that”.

Bare in mind, as an alumni of The King’s School Canterbury, it is unlikely that Orlando Bloom actually was mates with any so-called freewheelers. Unless of course he mistakes mooching around Cathedral grounds as typical freewheeler behaviour?

Yeah… you’re not fooling anyone Legolas.

NOW WATCH:
The Tab Kent The Tab Kent News