Lounge Boob Box visting Cardiff University in 2022

Lounge Boob Box is visiting Cardiff Met this week and they’re giving away free thongs

It’s in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Lounge Boob Box is visiting Cardiff Met’s Llandaff campus this week, where they’ll be giving away free thongs.

Students from any university in Cardiff can pick up a free thong on Thursday 26th and Friday 27th October between 9am and 4pm.

The Boob Box supports Breast Cancer Awareness Month and raises money for the Lounge Foundation. The foundation raises awareness about breast self-examination, as has raised over £600,000.

Throughout October, The Boob Box has visited Leeds, Bristol, Birmingham and Liverpool. Cardiff is the final stop on the tour.

In addition to The Boob Box tour, any online purchase made in October that is over £40 qualifies for two limited edition #FeelYourBreast thongs. £5 from every qualifying purchase is also donated to the Lounge Foundation. Alternatively, you can purchase the two-pack of thongs for £20.

Founders of Lounge, Mel and Dan Marsden set up the Lounge Foundation to empower and celebrate individuals, communities, and charities. In 2019, they started the #FeelYourBreast campaign, which is now in its fifth year and highlights the importance of checking your breasts whilst teaching people to do so.

To receive your limited-edition free thong, students can sign up through the Eventbrite link. There will be coffee, pink strawberry milkshakes, competitions, and free thongs on the day. A minimum £1 donation will be required when collecting your thong and this will go to The Lounge Foundation as part of the #FeelYourBreast campaign. The thongs are worth £15 and are available in three colours, as well as a range of sizes.

Bryony, a student at the University of South Wales said: “I went last year and have also donated in the past when Lounge have done online campaigns. I think going to the in person events are a really good way of showing your support and for Lounge to gather more interest. It seems a lot more personal and fun”.

On the day, you need to show your QR code to claim your free thong, or sign up in the queue. Everyone is entitled to one free thong with the £1 donation; if you wish to claim a second thong, a minimum donation of £3 is required. You can also make a greater donation if you wish. To sign up, head to Eventbrite. 

Full details and FAQs are available on the Lounge website.