Your last minute event guide for a successful Brum Halloween 2023

Brum is full of many spooky events this Halloween, but it’s actually scary how good this line up is.

The time of year has arrived when past 7pm the streets are filled with an abundance of fake blood, vampires and adorable cats in very short skirts. Halloween or more like Halloweek is the official end of autumn and beginning of winter which calls for festivities, or more accurately a five day bender.  

If you’re not scrambling to get together five different costumes for this long weekend then what are you doing? And remember just because your vampire costume might suck (no pun intended) that doesn’t mean the events you attend have to. Everyone knows Halloween is the ultimate multi-day celebration, so here is your fang-tastic guide on the best Halloween events in Brum.  

XOYO – Friday 27th October

A fresh new club in Birmingham is the perfect way to kick start your Halloween festivities, four different rooms of music is a guarantee that you will have a good night. Whether you’re a disco dancing queen, a raver or just simply love the club classics, XOYO has you covered. Tickets are now on their fourth release and at only £6 how can you say no? So, head over to that Fatsoma app and grab yourself an XOYO ticket before they sell out.  

Tickets available here.

Halloween Fab – Saturday 28th October  

An oldie but goldie, with half priced drinks until 12.30am simply what could go wrong? Fab is always a cheap and cheerful night out which is music to our ears as uni students, because celebrating Halloween doesn’t have to mean breaking the bank. Make sure not to be silly, especially if you’re a fresher, log into your Guild account and grab your tickets early to insure you’re not begging someone off Fab n Fresh for one three hours before the event.  

Tickets available here.

Luna Springs: Halloween Scaremaze – Sunday 29th October 

If Halloween Fab wasn’t for you and you want to get into bed before 12am the Halloween Scaremaze day event at Luna Springs is the perfect solution. Luna Springs is known for its top tier entertainment and with a fun fair, live actors and cocktails, the Halloween Scarmaze is an event that you do not want to miss. So grab your ghouls and make your way to Digbeth for a witch-ing day out. 

Tickets available here.

Circo – Monday 30th October  

Cisco has earned its place as an absolute classic the yes of Selly Oak students, and similar to Fab – a ridiculously cheap night out. If you are lucky enough to beat the queue, Circo Monday very rarely disappoints. The music may consist of some cheesy Halloween classics (you’re lying to yourself if you don’t think thriller is a banger) but the vibes are always unmatched and who doesn’t love grabbing a pizza land before their walk home.  

Cirque Du Soul: Halloween special – 31st October  

Cirque Du Soul is the perfect way to end your Halloween festivities. Described as a “ghoulish circus rave” with DJ’s providing house, breaks, techno and club bangers it’s a great way to celebrate THE night of halloween. The quirkiness of Cirque will make the end to spooky season memorable with its unreal decorations, performers and let’s not forget the confetti! Tickets are only on their 2nd release on Fatsoma meaning you have plenty of time to secure one.  

Tickets available here.

• Just 10 fun and booze-free activities that students can do in Birmingham

• 10 things you’ll only relate to if you lived in Mason Halls 

• A hearty list of 20 things Birmingham students think are equivalent to the Roman Empire