Fresher performs Nicki Minaj library dance in Yik Yak dare

It’s been watched over 40,000 times already

national

Saturday had been a day like any other for Connor James, as he sat in the library revising for his upcoming exams.

All of that changed however when in a moment of boredom he posted on Yik Yak promising to dance like Nicki Minaj if he received enough upvotes.

He wrote: “If this Yak gets 40 upvotes, level 4 will get a choreographed Nicki Minaj performance as a reason for me to procrastinate.”

Within hours, the total number of upvotes had reached nearly 400, to the delight of derriere-shakers everywhere keen to see if Connor could match up with the current queen of booty.

True to his word, Connor broke out the speakers, flashed his calves and gave the library what they’d been craving.

Speaking exclusively to The Tab, Connor said: “The slow rise in upvotes initially allowed me to consider my next step. As they rose closer to 40, I thought I may as well go all out so one of my flatmates went home to get a speaker from my room.”

As she returned, speakers in hand, Connor watched a couple of Nicki videos for inspiration.

Looking back on the performance, Connor said: “People just kind of laughed and filmed me. I feel sorry for the poor girl I danced on for a bit, she looked more terrified than anyone I’ve ever seen.”

Down and dirty: Connor drags a girl from the audience into his routine

Hands on: Connor works his best asset to great effect

“The dancing itself is actually pretty standard at pre-drinks in my house and as I haven’t been out for three weeks, my inner desire to twerk needed to come out somehow. It was a bit of fun, people I’ve never met have been messaging me since I did it. I’m just glad it cheered people up during exams!”

Connor’s flatmate Sharla Zhang uploaded a video of his dance to Facebook ensuring everyone who wasn’t on level four has been able to enjoy this landmark moment in contemporary dance.

She said: “It’s hilarious because Connor does crazy dancing all the time and I always film him and put it on as my Snapchat story. I never thought the video would get over 40,00 views though, it’s pretty insane!”

Have you witnessed anything more entertaining during the revision period at your uni? Send in pictures and videos to [email protected]