MAFS UK Channel 4 cast

All the times Channel 4 savagely clapped back at MAFS UK cast members who went rogue

It’s getting heated!

Sometimes MAFS UK cast members can go rogue, and Channel 4 have to step in to keep them in check, usually by savagely clapping back. From cast members whining about how the show left them “unemployed and single” to another saying they were “gaslighted” by their edit, there seems to be a lot to complain about.

So let’s see what various MAFS UK cast members have moaned about, and how Channel 4 savagely responded, buckle up because it’s a bumpy ride.

Mark

Via Channel 4

Mark from MAFS UK 2023 claimed that the show left him “unemployed and single” after he quit the show early following his failed marriage to Sean.

Speaking to The Sun, Mark discussed how he had to take a pay cut to return to his old job. He explained: “When I went on the show, I quit my job and I missed a prepaid holiday that I spent £1,700 on.

“I left everything to do this, only to come out with nothing. I know it was my choice but it felt like I was mis-sold this dream that it would work and I would say goodbye to my normal life.”

When MailOnline asked Channel 4 if it had any thoughts on what Mark said, it clapped back with this response: “All contributors are thoroughly prepped for the experience of being on Married at First Sight UK, a prominent TV reality series.

“We stress to all cast that the series should not be seen as a vehicle to gain fame or celebrity and warn against unrealistic expectations of this nature.” Beyond obsessed.

Luke

Via Channel 4

Remember last year when Luke and Jordan got into that insane fight on-camera? Well Luke claimed that the producers and Channel 4 actually set the whole thing up.

Speaking on Jordan Brook’s Into The Barbershop podcast, Luke said “I can’t say too much because I don’t want to tarnish… but certain people going in my ear ‘look, you’re not going to look like a real man if you’re going to let someone get away with upsetting your missus on TV’ and all that. They was in my ear saying that sort of stuff, so I was getting f***ing p***ed off.

“They were like ‘come and see Jordan’, so obviously I assumed Jordan knew there was a camera crew coming down with me. So I went down there. I was at this point fuming, so I was like ‘bang, bang, bang’ on his door.

“Jordan opens the door, I’m fuming. This man has made my wife cry and tried to ruin my relationship. Even though I was at his door, I was told to go to his door, I hadn’t planned to go there.”

Giving a statement to The Sun regarding these claims, Channel 4 responded: “The wellbeing of cast and crew is our utmost priority at all times throughout production and beyond. We have a zero tolerance policy towards violence and we take any behaviour of this nature very seriously.

“Luke wanted to speak with Jordan which we gave him the opportunity to do on return to the apartments. Following the events that unfolded, we took prompt action as soon as this incident occurred, and Luke was subsequently removed from the experiment.”

Nathanial

Via Channel 4

Cast member Nathanial went on a massive rant about MAFS UK following him quitting the show, and Channel 4 massively clapped back.

Nathanial told The Mirror: “I told producers that I wanted to marry a man, or a woman with a very masculine energy, because that’s normally who I go for. Then I was told they matched me with a lovely girl who was transgender. My first reaction was ‘no’ because I felt that just wasn’t me, and I told them so.

“But they encouraged me to think about it, saying if I didn’t take part it would ruin this girl’s story. And by that point I had also turned down a work contract because I thought I’d be going on the show. So I agreed. My only deal-breakers were that she didn’t smoke and didn’t work in the sex industry

‘That’s why I was angry when I learned, before we went on honeymoon, Ella worked as a stripper. But when I asked to speak to my welfare person, I was told it wasn’t a good time. Another occasion, a producer told me I wouldn’t be asked about my family. Not long after, Ella asked me why she was being encouraged to ask me about my family.]

A spokesperson for Channel 4 said: “Nathanial openly describes his sexuality and preferences on the show, at multiple points, as pansexual. After being initially notified of his bride’s gender identity, he took some time to decide and chose to continue in the process voluntarily and marry his bride.

“He entered the process with more information than we would ordinarily disclose, and did so with full and informed consent. Whilst we cannot go into specifics, all contributors provide their detailed dating preferences and what they’re looking for, as well as information on past relationships and experiences.

“The methodology our experts then use is underpinned by in-depth profiling and research to discover everything they need to know in order to match couples for compatibility.

“Duty of care to all contributors is of paramount importance and MAFS UK takes its commitment to matching couples correctly very seriously and matchmaking is undertaken by a panel of experts.” Take notes people, a true masterclass.

Richelle

Via Channel 4

Richelle has been a bit of a wild card during MAFS UK 2024, and she accused the show of misrepresenting her character through selective editing, telling The Sun that the “truth will come out.”

In now deleted screenshots she posted three call logs from someone she claimed was a member of the MAFS team and claimed the logs had been deleted. She wrote: “Lesson of the day: Always back up your chat history. Worts and all.” She later reposted a comment from a viewer which read: “What the producers are doing is actually dangerous and defamatory.”

But Channel 4 have now set the record straight and clapped back at her claims she was misrepresented through the editing.

In a statement, a representative for MAFS said: “MAFS UK episodes depict a fair and accurate reflection of the events that happened during filming. All contributors have the support of a dedicated welfare team, including a psychologist, before, during and after filming the series.”

For all the latest MAFS UK 2024 cast member news, scandals, gossip and updates – like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook